Chapter 2: Rest

The Next Day...

The JSDF forces began on cleaning up on the remnants of yesterday's battle. Although no civilians were harmed nor killed, the chaos still left a huge damage to the infrastructures. They already knew that the unidentified kansens had prevented the Siren's attempt on invading the mainland due to the people that had witnessed them fight against the alien forces.

The Japanese government had reported the incident to the United Nations, and each nation had took interest with the kansens that appeared out of nowhere, especially the United States. What surprised them even further is that a male kansen had made its appearance.

Each nation agreed to simply observe the kansens for now. There is only one problem, though. They didn't knew where they were, and they just disappeared quickly after the battle.

---

With (Y/n) and the others...

(Y/n) had woken up without much problem after yesterday's drinking session with Wisconsin, except for her trying to have you-know-what-I-mean with the male kansen due to being drunk, though he quickly knocked her out cold and brought Wisconsin to her room to let her sleep.

Right now, (Y/n) was cooking a delicious chicken curry and tempura. He was able to multi-task, thanks to his F-35s helping him out. How did his planes helped him out? Well, he can control the sizes of the planes to the size of a toy, but still maintaining their characteristics as their original size. Their small size also affected their engine noise, to the point that they only sounded like multiple humans whistling together. It was one of his abilities as a kansen.

The F-35's attached a hook under them, and grabbed the ingredients that he needed and delivered it to him. It ain't much, but it's honest work.

After a few minutes, (Y/n) had finally finished on cooking their food for breakfast. His planes lined up in a perfect finger-four formation, their 'pilots' saluted at the male kansen, who replied with a two fingered salute. Their mission was done, as they disassembed into small wisdom cubes and disappeared into thin air.

(Y/n) puts the dishes into the table, took out six plates and pairs of spoon and fork from the storage, arranging them in an orderly fasion.

As he put down the final plate, a soft, gentle yawn caught his attention. Groggily approaching the table was no other than Ayane herself, tying her brown hair in a ponytail.

"Good morning, (Y/n)." Ayane greeted.

"Good morning." (Y/n) greeted back, taking a bowl of rice, putting it beside the chicken curry. "Take a seat."

Ayane nodded and sat down at one of the empty chairs. The Iowa-class sisters soon came in after being attracted to the smell, especially Iowa since she's a glutton. Well, all of them are.

(Y/n) removed his apron, placed in on the apron rack, and took his seat beside Ayane. Soon, all of the seats were occupied by them.

"Itadakimasu!" All of them said in unison before chomping down on the food.

New Jersey squeeled in delight. "As expected from (Y/n). He's so good at cooking!"

(Y/n) chuckled. "Well, a husbund needs to learn how to cook, after all."

"You must be really lucky to have these beautiful ladies with you." Ayane chimed in.

"I really am, and I'm trying my best to protect them." (Y/n) agreed.

Ayane gave a sad chuckle. "Now I know what it feels to have someone by your side."

"Um... What happened, if you don't mind me asking?" Missouri cooed.

The brown-haired woman sighed before looking at them. "I was alone in my whole life. My parents were members of the JASDF. They were killed by Sirens during the Sirens' invasion at Luzon. Though the combined Philippine-Japanese forces managed to fend off the attack, many civilians, soldiers, and pilots lost their lives, including my parents."

"Oh... I'm sorry to hear that..." New Jersey said.

Ayane shook her head gently. "No, it's alright."

"By the way, what's your job, Ayane?" Iowa aksed her.

"JASDF pilot. I decided to followed my parents' footsteps." She answered, a slight smile plastered on her face.

"I see." Iowa said.

"Anyways, let's just eat. The food is getting cold."

Timeskip - Brought to you by a drunk Wisconsin

"Just hurry up and let's go." (Y/n) grumbled.

"Just wait a minute, will ya?" Iowa said to him.

The two kansens were on the plaza on a shopping spree. Of course, they were wearing clothes to hide their faces, especially (Y/n). Well, Iowa had insisted on bringing (Y/n) along with her, much to his dismay. He already know how many hours she wastes on shopping.

After an agonizing two hours, Iowa finally got what she wanted and went out of the store. He was thankful that it only took her two hours, since Iowa's normal shopping time is around twelve to fifteen hours.

The two walked in a moderate pace, with Iowa hummimg happily. (Y/n) simply walked behind her in silence. Until...

"!!!"

The male kansen tensed up when a short white-haired girl walked past him, while Iowa didn't seem to detect the girl's prescence. (Y/n) could only describe the feeling as threatening and dangerous... A very familiar feeling...

The girl had walked away, prompting him to turn around and look at her intensely. Was she a Siren? Hiding among the population?

"Honey? What's wrong?" Iowa asked in confusion.

Ignoring her question, (Y/n) began running towards the girl. Although he was running and the girl was simply walking, the distance between them didn't decrease. Iowa called out to him and went after, but (Y/n) was faster than her. She quickly fell behind.

The girl walked in the alleyway, which (Y/n) follwed. However, when he thought that he catched up with her, the girl was nowhere to be found. The dreadful aura was also gone.

"Hah... Hah... (Y/n)! Why did you ran?!" Iowa panted.

"...Did you notice a white-haired girl walk past us?" He asked seriously.

"Um... no?" Iowa denied. "My eyes were opened the whole time, and didn't noticed anyone walk past us."

"...It was probably just my imagination..." (Y/n) shook his head. "Let's just go."

They walked out of the alleyway and continued their way back home. However, the same white-haired girl was standing on the roof of a small shop, looking directly at the male kansen.

She gave a bitter smile as a tear ran down her cheek. "We've finally met again..."

"...My love..."

---

Word Count: 1109 Words