Chapter-10

ɪ ᴛʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴄʜɪʟʟ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ sᴏ ʜᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴍᴇʟᴛᴇᴅ
...

I washed his shirt and did the dishes. He's sleeping peacefully. I'm sitting on the chair, settled right in front of him and staring like the creep I am.

What if he's dead and I think he's sleeping?

I check if he's breathing or not, thankfully he is. I check his temperature, it has lowered down. That's good. I decide to complete the work I have to do tomorrow since he has taken my bed, and we don't really have a guest room since it was a gift to Luke from his parents in college. The guest room became mine when he asked me to move in.

Luke hasn't messaged me anything so I guess his date is going good, I cover Chase and move to my desk.

2 hours later, I'm done with tomorrow's work. I yawn, looking at the sleeping figure on my bed. He looks so peaceful in sleep. Nothing like the asshole he acts like when at work. His ridiculously long lashes touch his cheeks. Light curls fall on his forehead, god took his time in making him.

I eat something before going to bed, or you can say the window seat. I can't sleep. With his presence here, I really can't.

I was about to walk out of my room when I heard the front door open, He wasn't alone. I heard a girl laughing and Luke trying to shush her. That's Malea I think, I decide to stay inside.

I can't be more thankful that our rooms aren't next to each other, I look at Chase. This man, I've covered him multiple times but he ends up removing the blanket everytime.

I woke up on the floor next morning. Sighing I stood up and went to the bathroom, freshening up I walked out only to slip and fall on my face, I look up to see if Chase has seen me or not, much to my luck he was staring at me with sleepy eyes, his green eyes shining in amusement. His hair falling here and there but he still manages to pull it off.

"Morning." I give him a cheeky grin.

"What am I doing here?" He asks. Goddamn, the morning voice. He clears his throat when I don't answer.

"Oh fever, right fever." I march towards him and put my hand on his forehead.

"It's down but you should rest today."

"I'll be fine." He says, stretching his arms. Don't ogle, don't ogle. I do.

"N-no. You'll not be fine, your body needs rest-"

"Okay Dr. Reed." He rolls his eyes, cutting me off.

"Yes patient, your fee will be 300 dollars."

"No thanks." He throws the blanket off him and stands up in front of me. "I'll take my leave now, Thanks for..um..the help last night."

"There's a spare toothbrush in the bathroom, you can leave after breakfast." I tell him.

"No, I-"

"Why do you argue so much?" I say, getting annoyed. He rolled his eyes and went to the bathroom.

"I washed your shirt." I tell him before going out. I quickly whisked some eggs and made his coffee, uhmm, Caramel macchiato this time along with some toast.