maybe we'll be closer

Felicity rest her head in her arms. Bianca sat beside her, their desks pressed together. She was so tired - she had been up studying for their english test all night! She didn't really worry about grades that much, but she felt compelled to study. Bianca, on the other hand, didn't seem tired at all, even though she had admitted to studying till late in the night as well.

"How are you awake," Felicity groaned. Bianca shrugged nonchalantly, tearing her attention from scrolling through her iPod and smirking down at her friend. Felicity groaned again and buried her head into her arms again. "I'm so tiiiiired."

"You should drink coffee," Bianca said. She paused, before backpedalling. "Well, maybe not. You're kind of hard to deal with when you're not hyped up on caffeine."

"Hey!" Felicity reached over and smacked Bianca's arm. "I resent that."

Mr. W was at the board, scribbling something in chalk onto the green surface, listening to his students talk, when the door opening silenced them all. You'd think no one ever came into the room, by the way they all shut up like that. Mr. W rolled his eyes and set the piece of chalk onto the ledge before turning to give salutations to whoever had come in.

He was taken aback to find that he didn't recognize the girl standing before him. She was slightly shorter than him, with a confident, almost arrogant, aura. "Hello. I'm your new student."

New student? He frowned, turning to his desk and shuffling through some of the papers he had received in his mailbox that morning. There was nothing about a new student. He turned back to the girl, who was still staring at him, unblinking. "Are you sure this is your homeroom?"

"I'm very sure," she said.

"Can I see your schedule?" She handed it over. Indeed, she was a part of his class. He sighed, smiling at her. "Well, it's nice to meet you. Would you like to introduce yourself in front of the class?"

"Like to?" She asked, looking surprised. "I'd love to." She turned sharply, smiling at the class, who had mostly returned to their conversations. Her eyes scanned over the students before settling on Felicity's dozing form. Bianca made a face, looking from Felicity to Marjorie and back, before elbowing Felicity gently. As Felicity rose her drowsy head, Marjorie cleared her throat, beaming at the class.

"I'm Marjorie," she declared. Felicity's stare sharpened at the sight of the new girl. She had completely forgotten about her! "It's absolutely wonderful to meet you all."

"What a weirdo," Rob muttered.

Marjorie fluttered over towards Felicity, who, tiredly, waved at the girl. She still didn't forgive Marjorie for drinking Vincent's smoothie - that was the lowest of the low. How dare she. But she wasn't rude. "Hello," she said as Marjorie took the seat in front of her and Bianca.

"Hello, Felicity," Marjorie said smoothly.

"You two know each other?" Bianca asked. Something about Marjorie unnerved her. Maybe it was the girl's crazy eyes.

Felicity didn't answer. She didn't really know Marjorie, after all. Marjorie, apparently, thought they were friends. "We met on Saturday."

"Oh, that's cool," Bianca said.

"Not as cool as the smoothies she and her boyfriend were having," Marjorie said, smiling coyly. Felicity blushed and Bianca turned towards her, raising her eyebrows.

"Boyfriend?"

"H-he-h-he-he-e-he's not my boyfriend," Felicity stammered, sure that she was beet red. "He's just a…an acquaintance."

"You sure looked like you were getting cozy," Marjorie said. She then shrugged, smiling at Felicity. Bianca felt her face heat up. Marjorie had such…expressive eyes. "I'm sure it was just a smoothie between friends."