if you'll be mine

Felicity was so fascinated with Wakemastopilus. It was so new, so…untouched by time. Unlike Jeffersonia, an industry laden town of technological advancements, Wakemastopilus was like a hidden gem amongst coal. So natural, so honest. Felicity breathed in deep as she sailed down a hill on her favorite pale pink bike, watching as the suburban homes whisked by in a blur.

She pedaled harder on her bike as she hit the bottom and the hill increased in incline again. She loved riding her bike. To be propelled by a two-wheeled vehicle by your strength alone was amazing. She slowed down a bit when the ground leveled out, appreciating the town at a leisurely pace.

One thing Felicity loved about Wakemastopilus was the cookie cutter identical houses. Each house was prim and proper and the bushes were all trimmed. But then, amongst these picket fence havens, there were run down houses from a previous time. They were gray and ramshackle and, in Felicity's opinion, very cool. She wondered why the town never opted to tear them down - they definitely were out of place, possibly lowing property values - but then she remembered that they probably had, considering there were construction machines collecting dust outside of each property she passed.

But the waning buildings did not depress Felicity's mood, not one bit - in fact they rejuvenated her. She pedaled furiously up a hill, her braid slapping her back violently. She was lucky that her bike could handle such extreme riding.

Felicity let herself slow to a stop as her legs began to ache. She was pretty far away from her house, but it was okay - she'd get back eventually. She took off her cardigan and hung it on the handlebars of her bike.

She was on the edge of Wakemastopilus, overlooking the river. Wakemastopilus was probably best known for three things: one, it's wonderfully esteemed high school. Two, it's urban downtown area, packed with tight city blocks. And three, the beautiful Wakemastopilus River. It sure was beautiful. In the hazy evening air, the water glittered and reflected the sunset. It was so nice! Felicity wanted to just jump over the edge and plunge into its depths. She guessed it was cool, too, which would be nice. She hadn't realized she was sweating until now.

She sighed, leaning against the fence that lined the entirety of the east side of Wakemastopilus, cutting off the public from leaping off the cliff, which apparently was a problem. A sign, bent from a collision or maybe just a very strong fist, showed an image of a person falling off of the cliff with an anti-symbol over it. How grim.

Felicity would never do that. She ran her fingers over a piece of hair that she hadn't braided. Though she desired a dip in the river, she wasn't stupid. Who would just accidentally kill themselves like that? Maybe they weren't thinking. Maybe they were with friends and they dared each other to swan dive into the river. A pact of sorts. How scary!

As Felicity was mulling over the possible suicide victims in Wakemastopilus River, a movement down the road caught her eye. Mostly because, as she had memorized the basic outline of the city, the only thing down that road was the cemetery. Felicity had stopped where she had mostly because she wasn't interested in going to the cemetery, especially after reading all those spooky blog posts about ghosts.

So she turned her full attention to the motorcycle nearing her slowly. She was interested in knowing why there was someone coming from the cemetery so late. The motorcycle slowed to a growling crawl as they idled beside Felicity. The rider looked at her momentarily through the shaded glass of their helmet.

"Hello," Felicity said uncomfortably.

The rider took off their helmet, revealing the beautiful face of Vincent Elvesole. He shook out his curly hair and Felicity nearly fainted from embarrassment. She was all sweaty and gross!! She didn't want him to see her like this! She quickly reached over for her cardigan and put it on despite her sweatiness. "Vincent!" She squeaked. "Hi!"