it was meant to be

The next day, Felicity rushed to homeroom. To her excitement, Bianca was also in her homeroom. She walked quickly over to the girl and slid into the seat beside her. "Hi!"

Bianca jumped, removing a headphone from her ear and scowling. "You scared me."

"Sorry! I was just so happy to see you were in my homeroom." Felicity smiled. Bianca looked away. Felicity looked around the room, examining the other students. Her eyes rest upon a boy she recognized from yesterday - the one who had been looking at her when she had sat down. The one with the really interesting eyes. She nudged Bianca, who didn't particularly like the physical contact. "Who's that? Who's that?"

"Who's who?"

"That boy," Felicity whispered. Bianca turned in her seat, following Felicity's gaze. Bianca grimaced and Felicity gasped, leaning forward. "What? What's wrong with him? Is he…you know…a loser?"

"That's Vincent Elvesole," Bianca said. She rolled her eyes. "Everyone thinks he's so dreamy. I think he's weird, personally. He doesn't talk to anyone except his stupid friends and make stupid posts on his blog about the supernatural or whatever. Which everyone follows."

"Oooh, mysterious," Felicity gasped. Bianca looked disgusted. "I'm sure he'd never be interested in me. I'm too plain looking!" Bianca didn't bother replying, turning her attention to selecting a new song on her iPod. Felicity leaned forward, blinking curiously. "What are you listening to?"

"You wouldn't know them," Bianca said.

"I like One Direction," Felicity leaned back again, rummaging her own iPod from her pocket. "I have all their songs. Even the covers they did on X-Factor."

"I'm not surprised," Bianca snorted. Felicity laughed too, unaware that the girl was laughing at her, not with her. Well, she knew, but she was okay with it. She would listen to 1D, the greatest band ever. Who wouldn't, right?

As they were laughing, the blonde boy sitting beside Vincent in the back spoke up. Felicity hadn't noticed him before, probably because he was so ordinary looking. "Well, well, well, Bianca. You sure got a new girlfriend fast!"

"Suck my dick," Bianca shot back, expression hostile. Felicity gasped at such vulgarity. Not in a PG-13 story!

"I bet you wish you had one," the blonde snarled. He turned his attention to Felicity. "You shouldn't hang out with her - you wouldn't want to turn out like she did-"

"Literally fuck off," Bianca seethed.

"Literally," he echoed, mocking her.

Felicity waved her hands desperately. "Don't fight!"

Mr. W came into the classroom at the perfect time. "Hello, class!"

Bianca turned back around, looking gruffly down at her desk. Felicity looked at her quietly. Felicity didn't like conflict, and that was a pretty intense conflict. She made a note to ask Bianca about it later.

 ~

It was a week before Felicity remembered to ask. They had become fast friends, much to Bianca's surprise and Felicity's pleasure. They were now working on a project for their first English reading, Romeo and Juliet. They were to make a movie poster to hang up in class. Mr. W was a pretty creative teacher.

When Felicity remembered the question, she nearly ripped their poster in half, much to Bianca's despair. "Felicity-!"

"Why do you hate Rob so much?" His name was Rob, which Felicity had learned the same day as their fight. "What happened?"

"He's an idiot," Bianca grunted. "And a douchebag. What's not to love?"

Felicity pouted. "But why?"

"I don't really want to talk about it," Bianca sighed, casting a "look" at Felicity. "Can we just work on our project? It's due in two days, after all."

"Oh! Right!" Felicity quickly got back to gluing letters they had cut from magazines onto the poster board. They were making a vaguely ransom letter-esque poster. Felicity thought of it all on her own. She just loved Romeo and Juliet. Forbidden love was so…romantic.

"Don't you think Vincent and I are star-crossed lovers?" She asked dreamily. Bianca sputtered. Felicity frowned at her. "Don't laugh! I'm serious."

"You've only known him for a week," Bianca laughed. Felicity reached over and slapped her arm. "And you haven't even seen his blog yet."

Felicity had learned quickly that Wakemastopilus High teens were obsessed with this blogging website. Anyone who was anyone had their own blog. Felicity still didn't have one - she didn't have her own computer. She also wasn't really interested - what would she write about?

She sat back, looking grumpy. "Well, maybe we're meant to be together…can I look at his blog on your computer?"

"Sure," Bianca said as Felicity reached onto Bianca's bed to grab her laptop, which was playing some music that wasn't One Direction, therefore Felicity didn't really care. "I can't believe your parents haven't gotten you a computer."

Felicity paused, glancing at her friend over the top of the laptop. "I live with my uncle now."

Bianca looked embarrassed. "Oh. Sorry. You never said."

Felicity shrugged, smiling brightly as she typed in the web address to the blogging website. "I don't mind. I never brought it up, anyway! Plus," she narrowed her eyes and whispered, as if someone was listening in. "My uncle is kind of a weirdo. I don't like talking about him."

Her friend sighed knowingly, crawling over to sit next to Felicity. "I know that feeling. My dad is so lame."

"What's Vincent's blog?" Felicity asked quickly, her fingers gently tapping against the keyboard. Bianca told her the address - "phasmo" - and Felicity went to the website. It was spooky and black, which Felicity didn't particularly like. But then she saw his face on the side, ghost-like in appearance, and she felt her doubt melt away. "So cute," she murmured.

"Maybe," Bianca said skeptically. "If you think dead-looking people are attractive."

"What does he post about?" Felicity asked, scrolling down through his posts.

"I don't know. Ghosts and stuff." Felicity looked at her, and she shrugged. "He's really into that kind of stuff. He's really crazy."

"Ghosts!" Felicity repeated. "That's so scary!"

Bianca nodded, reaching over to scroll through the boy's posts. "Everyone eats it up too. I don't believe him, though. He always says he can see this kid at school that nobody else can - the girls love it."

"That's too spooky," Felicity mumbled. She sighed dramatically after a few moments of sitting in silence, reading over his posts. "Why are the cutest guys so weird!?"

"Who knows," Bianca said, lifting her laptop and placing it back on the bed. "Anyway, back to work. Two days, remember?"

Felicity quickly got back to work, but she was now distracted by the class heartthrobs's spooky blog entries. Ghosts? That's…that's so spooky! Too spooky! He must be crazy. Hot, but crazy.

She glued a letter "a" down and made a decision to not try to get to close with him, no matter how cute he may be.