ow!

Felicity's uncle had to drive her to school the next morning because she had forgotten her bike on the edge of the road the night before. It made Felicity pretty angry - she hated the way her Uncle's car smelled. It smelled like…dust, and stuff. She always sneezed when she was in there.

She leapt out of the car as quickly as she could, escaping her uncle's bubble of sadness. Almost immediately she was swooped up by Vincent, who hustled her into the far corner of the schoolyard.

Her heart beat fast as he cornered her. How romantic-! The mood was killed when she saw Intina over his shoulder. "Good morning," she said pleasantly, smiling brightly. Though she still had doubts about this arrangement, she couldn't deny enjoying being surrounded by handsome boys (even if one was invisible to others).

"Felicity!" Vincent said, his excitement explosive and loud. So unlike what Felicity expected from him. "I was awake all night, thinking about you! So was Intina." He briefly motioned to the boy standing with them with his arms crossed. Felicity looked at them, overwhelmed. Vincent was….thinking about her?!?!?!?! At night??!?!??!?!?!?!??! ALL NIGHT??!??!?!???!?!??!???!?!! Her ears felt like they were burning. Vincent didn't seem to think anything of it though. "Knowing that you can see Intina gave me hope."

"Hope for what?" She asked uselessly, voice squeaking.

"Hope for us," he said. Felicity looked over at Intina, who looked hopeful too, but not nearly as much as Vincent did. Felicity began to wonder what she had gotten herself into.

She pushed Vincent gently away, something she thought she'd never do. The boy quickly fell back, his smile still standing. "I don't really know…what you're talking about," she laughed quietly, looking down.

Vincent didn't look deterred. "I don't think you're supposed to."

Felicity stared at him for a long time. As he was about to explain, the bell rang, and he disappeared as suddenly as he had appeared in the first place. Felicity followed him to homeroom, a little stunned.

Vincent, strangely, ignored Felicity for the rest of the day. He reverted back to the silent, mopey boy Felicity had seen during her first week of school. Now that Felicity could see Intina, who was usually sitting around, not doing anything in particular, she could see that he was all Vincent looked at during the day. She wondered if Vincent thought he, himself, was crazy, too, and that's why he couldn't look away.

Bianca caught Felicity looking at Vincent looking at Intina during English. Her friend bopped Felicity on the head. "Why are you so interested in Vincent today?"

Felicity stammered. She hadn't really thought about telling Bianca about Intina or anything that had happened the day before. She just assumed it wouldn't affect anything. Also, it was just really weird. Nobody would even believe her if she told them. "He's beautiful," she improvised.

Bianca rolled her eyes. "Gross."

Felicity returned her attention to Vincent, who was being spoken to by Rob, his blonde friend that Bianca hated (in case you had forgotten). He didn't seem to be paying attention to Rob at all, giving him single words or grunts as answers. Felicity felt pretty bad for the blonde, who was oblivious to Vincent's secret fascination with the brunette boy across the room. The only moment Vincent looked away from Intina was to look at Felicity, which sent sparks up her spine, startling her enough to make her spin back around in her seat to face forward.

After school, Felicity was walking home with Bianca. They weren't talking about anything in particular - their homework, the weather, about how much Felicity hated the way her uncle's car smelled - when a humming roar of an engine caught them both off guard.