Ch.18.Do It For Her.

{ I Don't own BNHA or The Reader}

- - - -

Hawks had a terrible feeling he couldn't shake the moment they entered the building, nobody was waiting for them at the entrance, the place was empty as far as they were aware this was a trap. however when the elevator doors opened on their own with no one pressing the button the pair was aware something bad was about to take place the moment they stepped inside it. 

The elevator closed, moving to a certain floor as Hawks stood next to Dabi a frown etched on his face. "this is a trap isn't it?" the man asked the black haired male whom looked toward the once pro hero. Dabi grabbed the mans hand giving it a squeeze knowing full and well what they were walking into and knowing when the time came only one of them was making it out of here alive.

"Even if it is were going in it together" Dabi told him, "If anything goes wrong in there Hawks do me a favor", he slipped his unused hand into his pocket pulling out a necklace and pressing it into the mans other hand "Give this to her for me". Hawks didn't understand what Dabi meant by that as he slipped the necklace into his pocket.

He however didn't voice his concerns on the matter, because the elevator doors opened and the two walked closer to their impending doom down a darkened hallway.

= = = = 

"Only one of them is returning aren't they?" Magne asked Lee, as she stood next to him ready to leave the place they had called home for the time being. the lizard like man looked away from his best friend, uncertain how to answer for he knew as well as she did the mission they were on was borderline suicidal.

"Time can only tell if the dumbass is going through with it or not" he spoke, the sleeping child in the carrier was enough to motivate anyone in staying but Lee knew him. Lee had known Dabi for years and well when the kid put his mind to something he wouldn't change it for the world, "Plan E ready to go just in case?".

"Yeah, all's ready to go" she spoke, her contact had already done their job for their lives here would end simply with their 'deaths' to the rest of the world Magne and the mechanic Lee would be dead while they begin a new life someplace new with {Y/N} and whomever survived for the mission was one where only one would return from in the way of a sacrifice.

For there was a reason Dabi's coat was bulkier than usual, for one way or another somebody was dying today and the news would have yet another unsolved case on their hands. for this story was never truly supposed to end in happily ever after.

- - -

{8/7/21}

{Speculations in the comments dear readers, Two Chapters left~}