CHAPTER 1

We're the pogues, and our mission this summer is to have a good time, all the time.

The wind was blowing lightly as the waves shuffled in the water. The view from the house was gorgeous.

Josyln sighed as she watched her brother try and balance carefully up on the edge of the roof with a beer in his hand.

"That's what, a three-story fall to the deck?" Pope estimated as he pushed the power button on the drill and pointed it up at John B.

"Hm." Her brother licked his finger then put it into the air. "Should I do it?"

Joslyn rolled her eyes as she grabbed the beer from in between her thighs and took a sip, then looked back over to Pope and her brother. "You should, then I'll get the Chateau to myself."

"Yeah, you should jump. I'll shoot you on the way down." Pope still had the drill pointed into the air.

"Your gonna shoot me?" John B made finger guns and pretended to shoot Pope. "POW."

Jos turned and smiled at JJ, who was seated next to her on the ledge of the roof as he rested one arm on the scaffolding and the other on Joslyn's thigh."Ten bucks says he slips and drops the beer." she challenged JJ.

"Your on, B." They shook hands to seal the deal as Kira walked out of the house.

"They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers," Kiara scoffed as she made her way onto the deck.

"Why wouldn't they?" JJ questioned from beside Josyln. His blond hair falling into his eyes as he spoke.

"This used to be a turtle habitat, but who cares about the turtles, I guess?" Kie huffed.

"It's so cruel. I hope the dead turtles come back to haunt them." Joslyn shook her head in disbelief.

"I can't have cold towels," JJ mumbled as he continued to drink the beer in his hands.

Joslyn made her way over to John B. Kiara looked up at her. "Can you please not kill yourself?" Kiara got nervous as Jos's feet would accidentally slide every few steps.

"I'll be careful," she smirked down at Kie.

She had to regain her balance after she almost fell. She looked over at JJ's concerned expression. "I'm fine, J." she laughed it off as she stood up straight again.

"Don't spill that beer, John B. I'm not giving you another one," JJ told him, as he took a sip of his own while occasionally glancing at Joslyn to make sure she was okay.

In a second, the wind picked up which caused John B to lose his balance. "Woah," the beer can slipped through his fingers and dropped onto the deck with a crash. "Oh, shit." He groaned.

"Nice job, JB," Joslyn laughed as she started to make her way down, gripping onto the scaffolding for support.

"Of course you did," JJ shook his head as he took more sips from the can.

"Smooth," Kiara whispered as Jos came up next to her and kissed her.

"A-plus," Pope clapped as John B groaned again.

Joslyn had her arm wrapped around Kie's shoulders as she drank her beer.

"Hey, um, security's here," Pope tapped onto the wood railing, "Let's wrap it up." He urged them.

"Boys are early today," JJ noted as he rolled onto the platform and started to make his way down the ladder.

"Let's go, boys, Jos." Kiara smiled at them.