CHAPTER 4

The five Pogues were back on the porch of the Chateau. Joslyn had just arrived back at the house to find John B and JJ pulling in as Kiara and Pope waited for the others to arrive.

JJ began to frantically explain the situation that occurred at Ms. Lana's house. He walked over to the brick wall of the chimney with his back faced against it. "And all we hear is just, Bam! Bam! Bam!" JJ punched the air for visual comparison. "Knocking paint off the wall, G. From the inside. All right? And I'm just looking at him, like–" Joslyn looked between JJ and her brother trying to understand what happened.

"Wait, first off, look at this shit." JJ walked away from the wall and up to the pogues, running his hands through his hair and shaking his head. "Look at it."

"That's dandruff, disgusting." Kiara groaned before looking away. "Okay, thank you." Pope thanked sarcastically. Joslyn just stood there as she watched, for some reason she couldn't get Rafe out of her head, she felt like he needed her, kind of like he was pulling on an invisible string that tied them together.

JJ stopped, "Look at all that. All right? That's paint. At that point, I was just, like...I'm waiting for death." He looked over at Joslyn to get her reaction to the situation but her face was blank, which was especially odd for her because of how much of an emotional person she was.

Pope shook his head in frustration, "Oh, okay, so you saw the guys that shot at us, right?" JJ nodded, "Yeah." Pope looked up at him, "Did you get a good description of them? What did they look like?" "Yeah, anything. Anything is helpful." Kiara added. "Anything we can bring to a police report, maybe?" Pope questioned. Kiara nodded in agreement, "Yeah."

JJ looked out into the yard before turning back to his friends, "Burly." "Burly?" Pope and Joslyn both gave him confused glances. "Yeah. You know, like-" JJ started to explain. "That's not very helpful," Kiara looked back down at her feet.

"Okay, well, no, like the type of guys at my dad's garage. I mean, you guys know he made cargo hides for drug smugglers," JJ reminded them. Joslyn moved off of the wood post and walked over to JJ, grabbing his hand before sitting down next to Kiara. "Yeah. Yes. No, we know." Kie replied.

"I can tell you with full confidence, these boys, these killers..." JJ lent up against the brick of the chimney, pausing to take a hit, "They're square groupers." He finished. John B looked over at Joslyn to find her smiling at Kiara. One major thing the twins had in common was their type. Well most of the time, there were exceptions like, well Rafe. At the same time, who couldn't like Kiara, she's hot, smart, funny, and loving. Kiara didn't have many flaws, even if she did, the twins would still love her anyway.

"Hey! Earth to John B!" Joslyn waved her hands quickly in front of her brother's face to gain his attention. John B looked up from his fixated gaze on Kiara, "What's up?" Joslyn laughed lightly, "You good? You were out in space for a minute there." John B nodded, "Yeah, I'm good."

"You weren't there!" JJ yelled in frustration. "Well, apparently, you don't know what to look for!" Pope yelled back. "Dude! I wasn't taking little mental Polaroids the entire time, man. I was under duress, okay?" JJ frantically spoke. Pope leaned back in his seat. "But I can tell you...I can tell you by the way that Ms. Lana was screaming...that these guys are serious, serious hombre, man." JJ explained.

Joslyn stood up and rubbed his back, "Okay. Just take a deep breath, take a few hits, just calm down." Joslyn insisted. JJ nodded, "It's a heavy vibe right now, okay? I'm not liking this very much." JJ finally sat down in a chair, Joslyn sat on his lap, leaning her head up against his and grabbing ahold of his hand to calm him down.

"Why do they want the compass?" Kiara questioned as she turned to look at all of her friends. "That thing is a piece of shit. You could pawn it off for five bucks if you wanted to." Pope agreed. John B began to pace with the compass swinging in his hands. Joslyn looked over at Pope skeptically, "Uh, thanks?" "No offense. I know it's in your family-" Pope looked between the twins with empathy. "The office." John B interrupted as he held up the compass. JJ, Kiara, and Pope all turned to look at John B, "What?"