CHAPTER 6

The loud music bounced off the pavement of Topper's driveway as Joslyn made her way up to the big house. She opened the gate to the yard and walked in, quickly closing it behind her. The house was packed with teenagers holding red solo cups as they passed drugs around.

Joslyn immediately felt out of place. She was used to hanging out with Sarah. Rafe, Topper, Kelce, and Wheezie, but a pogue in a room with that many kooks felt unsettling to her. She was outnumbered and if anything went down, she'd be on her own.

To ease her nerves she grabbed a filled cup of beer from a random table in the yard and downed it before she decided to look for Sarah. "Yo, Topper's on the roof!" She heard a random guy yell. Joslyn quickly made her way towards the pool and looked up to see Topper standing on the edge with a cup of beer in his hands. She looked down as her phone rang, INCOMING CALL FROM BOOKER<3. She stared at her phone guiltily before she shoved it back in her pocket, not answering.

When she looked back up Sarah was next to Topper. Her eyes widened as she watched them, "Sarah! Don't let his dumbass kill you!" Sarah looked over at her friend and howled. Joslyn groaned, Sarah was definitely drunk. The crowd around the pool started to chant, "Jump! Jump! Jump!" Joslyn glared at them. She didn't feel like scraping her best friend's organs off the pool tiles today.

Topper picked Sarah up and walked closer to the edge. Joslyn could faintly hear Sarah's disapproving yells. "Topper, you asshole! Put her down!" She screamed at the kook. "She's fine, Jos. Calm down!" He looked down at his friend. He finally stepped to the edge and jumped off. Joslyn watched as the two went down. Joslyn watched worriedly as she listened to Sarah scream.

The couple finally landed in the pool as cheers erupted from the crowd. Joslyn scoffed and turned to the side, grabbing a clear cup filled with red liquid from the person standing next to her. "Can you believe this girl right here? The coolest chick in the OBX! That's what I'm talkin' about!" Topper cheered for his girlfriend. Joslyn took big sips from her drink as she watched the couple.

As Joslyn talked to Sarah near the pool, Kelce walked up to Rafe. "Yo, Rafe, Where you been at?" Kelce smiled as he dapped him up. "Hey, yo, I got some yayo. Spread the word." Rafe whispered. Kelce stepped back, "You know Joslyn's here right?" Rafe looked around, "What?" "Yeah, bro. She's with your sister." Kelce pointed towards the pool. "Or was with your sister. Maybe you should go get her before you both do something you shouldn't."

Rafe looked over the railing to find Joslyn downing another drink while some random guy held onto her, his hands on her waist slowly moving down. Rafe slammed his fist against the railing before he stormed down the stairs and towards the pool.

Joslyn was almost finished with her fourth drink. She knew there was a guy touching her but she didn't really care. She just wanted to let loose and have fun because she knew once she got home the pogues would have her head for lying to them and not answering her phone.

Rafe watched as Joslyn tipped the cup into the air, getting the last drops of alcohol before she threw it to the side and smiled at the guy next to her. He finally made his way up to the pair and shoved the guy away from her. "What the fuck!" The guy yelled, "What's your problem?" "Why the fuck are you touching my girl?" Rafe yelled.

"Sorry bro, I didn't know. My bad." The guy picked up his cup and moved away. Once he was out of his sight, Rafe turned to look at Joslyn and grabbed her chin with his hand, "You okay, Princess?" Joslyn smiled softly, "Yeah, I'm...I'm fine."

The two walked back up the stairs. "Okay, you gotta lay down." Rafe watched as Jolyn slightly tipped over. "Okay," Joslyn followed Rafe into one of Topper's spare bedrooms.

She sat down on the edge of the bed. Rafe kneeled down in front of her and took her shoes off, placing them in front of the bed. Joslyn looked down at him and wrapped her arms around his neck, "Your eyes are so pretty." Rafe smiled at her.

He slowly got up as he stood in between Josyln's legs. She looked up at him. Both of them were staring at the other as the tension in the room grew thicker. Rafe pushed her further back onto the bed and hovered over her before he kissed her. Everything and everyone left Joslyn's mind at that moment. Everyone but Rafe. She was drunk so it was way easier to forget than it normally was.

His hands roamed over her body as he continued to kiss her. She thought for a moment before she took off her shirt and threw it in the corner of the room. Rafe paused and looked at her. Joslyn nodded. He pulled his shirt over his head and threw it next to hers. He kissed her once more on the lips before he moved down to her neck.

Joslyn untied her bathing suit top and pulled it off leaving the top half of her body completely exposed. Rafe looked up at her then moved his lips down to her chest. While he continued to kiss her body, Joslyn pulled off her shorts and bathing suit bottom, throwing them over with the rest of her clothes. Rafe then followed by throwing his shorts and boxers in the same pile.

He paused and looked at her skeptically, wondering if it was the wrong time for this. She shook her head as she noticed his distant look, "I want you." He looked back down at her and pressed his lips against hers. Joslyn's nails dug into his skin as he pushed into her.

...

Joslyn stumbled across the road as she made her way towards the Wreck. When she tripped on a pebble she looked up and noticed the twinkie sitting in the parking lot. She walked up to the van and slowly slid the door open before falling in. "Hello?" Joslyn looked to find the van empty.

She laid down in the back of the van and turned her head to find JJ's joint on the floor next to a french fry. Hello there, what are you two doing on this fine evening? She grabbed the fry and shoved it in her mouth before pulling out a lighter from her bra. She brought the joint to her lips and lit it, inhaling. She sat back up and leaned against the van door as she reflected on today's events.

...

The Pogues made their way out of the Wreck and towards the twinkie. Once they reached the van, Pope turned to JJ, " I thought I said to keep the signal clear." JJ glared at him, "My signal is clear." He turned to open the van door. "Then what is that-" Pope tried to question but stopped once JJ screamed.

"Fuck, Joslyn!" JJ yelled as he bent over to catch his breath. "Hi!" Joslyn smiled as she made it halfway through the joint. "What the fuck- Is that mine?" JJ stared at her. Joslyn nodded. The pogues all got into the van and turned to look at her. JJ sat next to Joslyn and smelt the alcohol on her. "Where were you, B? We were worried." John B asked his sister worriedly. Joslyn's smile faded, "Somewhere I shouldn't have been. I'm sorry." Her brother smiled softly, "It's okay, let's go home." And home they went, Joslyn's mind plagued with flashbacks from earlier in the night and the others worrying about their favorite girl.

__________________________

THANK YOU GUYS SM FOR 10k READS I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. Sorry about how short this chapter is. Next one will be longer. I hope you guys like it<3 Also new just edit posted on tiktok. Love you all<3
-Liyah<3