CHAPTER 5

It was dark. The eeriness from the cemetery caused bumps to form on Joslyn's skin, as she stared at the package in disbelief. She reached her hand into part of the broken crypt and pulled out the package. Her hazel eyes skimmed over the dark, messy handwriting. The words, For Bird & Bug, made her nauseous.

Joslyn quietly moved over to the opening where she came in and handed the lantern and package to John B through the hole. "That's not gold." Pope sighed. Joslyn groaned as she tried to push herself out of the opening, JJ quickly went over to help her out. Once she landed on the outside she looked over at her brother.

"Holy shit." John B whispered as he looked at the package. The pogues watched him, waiting for the boy to explain. John B raised his head and turned to look at his sister, "This is from our dad." The twins smiled at each other until JJ caught their attention.

"Code red. Code red. Square groupers! Square groupers!" JJ announced after blowing the smoke out of his mouth. "Go," Kiara whispered. "It's the guys who robbed your house," JJ explained, lightly pushing Joslyn behind the side of the crypt. Joslyn shook her head, "No, no, no, no, no. I can't do this again." She tried to steady her breathing.

"Lights!" Kira motioned for everyone to turn their flashlights off. Joslyn pressed her back up against the cold structure, hugging her knees. JJ frantically tried to put out his joint as Pope grabbed the headlamp off his head, "Turn your light off, man!"

"John B? Your light!" Kiara hissed. He stuck the lamp up his shirt to try and cover the brightness before he finally got it to turn off. JJ and Pope peeked their heads around the corner. "Do you think it's them?" Kiara questioned.

Joslyn continued to keep her back pressed to the structure. Breathing slowly, she brought her pointer finger to touch every other finger on her hand and then repeated it again. She kept doing this as her friends bickered until JJ tapped her. "Homie's got a gun." Joslyn took a deep breath before making her final decision, "Fuck this shit." She grabbed Kiara's hand and started running towards the gate.

Once they all reached it Joslyn was the first over, then Kiara, John B, and JJ. "Go!" Kiara yelled. "Guys! Guys!" Pope struggled to get over the gate. "Oh shit." Joslyn turned and looked at Pope. "Guys, I'm stuck," He whined. Joslyn giggled, "Yeah, no shit." "Pope, come on!" JJ hurried.

Kiara started to walk over to the gate, "Okay, I got you." JJ pulled out the stolen gun and pointed it at Pope, "No. Pope, don't move, okay?"  John B pushed JJ, forcing the gun's aim away from Pope. Joslyn and Kie tugged on Pope's clothes. "You're gonna rip me. Wait. You're gonna rip me!" He worried. Kiara scoffed, "You're fine. Come on!"

The girls finally pulled him off, his shorts staying behind on the gate. "Nice! Come on, dude. It's a little Tootsie Roll." JJ smiled as the pogues ran to the van, Joslyn, and Kiara laughing loudly. JJ slid the van door open helping Joslyn inside. "Get in, stupid." Joslyn smiled at Pope before everyone settled into their seats.

...

Joslyn stood, leaning against the doorframe to the kitchen as she watched JJ make a sandwich. Pope walked past her and look at JJ in disgust, "That bread had mold on it three days ago." Joslyn smiled, "I tried telling him that already. He doesn't care." "I'll just pull off the bad parts. Plus, mold is good for you. It's just a natural organism." JJ defended.

Joslyn groaned in distaste before walking over to the table in the dining room. "JJ, come on." She turned back to him as he waltzed in with his moldy sandwich. "Yup, yup, yup! Hot damn! Let's do it." JJ jumped before he took a bite out of his sandwich.

John B looked over to his sister, who nodded, to signal him to open the package. He ripped the seal off and dropped it onto the ground. Next to him, JJ started gagging as he chewed his food. Joslyn smirked, "I told you." "Shut up." JJ lightly smiled before going back to his spot in between the twins.