CHAPTER 2

TRIGGER WARNING!!!!
⚠️Puke
⚠️Eating Disorder

The five teens made their way to the motel as they sat in the HMS Pogue. The sun was still shining brightly. John B was standing while steering, JJ and Pope standing as well, as Kie and Joslyn sat on the right side of the boat.

JJ whistled as he took in the sight of the motel. "I thought the Chateau looked bad."

Joslyn pursed her lips in disagreement. "What's wrong with the Chateau?"

JJ ignored her as the rest of the group made it their job to comment about the looks of the building.

"This place is a shitshow," John B agreed with JJ.

"Motel or meth lab?" Kiara asked in distaste.

"You be the judge," Pope responded.

JJ picked up the rope in his hands so he could tie off the boat once they reached the grass.

"Doesn't look like a type of place somebody with a Grady-White would stay," John B announced.

"No. It looks like the type of place someone with a Grady-White would get killed," Pope corrected.

Joslyn looked over at Pope as he spoke. He always got nervous when they would do something that could get them into trouble.

John B moved the boat closer to the grass.

"All right. Here we go." JJ changed his voice to sound like it was over an intercom. "This is your captain speaking. HMS Pogue comin' in for a landing." JJ finished as John B pulled the boat onto land.

JJ jumped off the boat and bent down to tie it off.

"We good?" John B asked JJ as he looked over at him.

"Yeah, we're good," JJ replied as he stood up.

John B sighed. "All right. Here goes nothin'." he moved from behind the console and towards JJ.

Joslyn stood up and followed, smiling at Kiara as they looked at each other.

"Hey," Pope called.

Joslyn stopped and turned to Pope. John B stood at the front and waited to get out.

"Yeah?" Joslyn asked.

Pope leaned on the bar and pointed at John B and JJ. "Don't let them do anything stupid."

Joslyn turned to look at her brother and JJ.

"Oh, we will," JJ nodded as he looked at Joslyn.

Jos turned back towards Pope. "I'm not making promises." She smiled.

Pope sighed. "Yeah, I know."

Kiara walked up to Joslyn and John B. "Uh, be careful." She handed John B the key. John B reached out his hand and gave the key to his sister.

"I mean it," Kiara stared directly into Joslyn's eyes this time. She was silently pleading with Joslyn, but she knew she would go anyway.

Joslyn nodded with a smile. "Yeah." John B sent Kiara a thumbs up and turned around.

"Let's go boys." Joslyn hopped off the boat and started to walk towards the motel with the guys in front of her.

"Why are all these mattresses out here?" John B questioned as he glanced around at all of the beds.

"After a hurricane, they ditch 'em 'cause they're moldy," JJ informed him.

Joslyn looked at JJ and smiled. "All-knowing and attractive...what a catch." She joked. JJ and John B looked back at her with a smirk before they made their way up the stairs.