Just a friend to you.

Alren/Tally fic.

Ally laughed as she felt arms wrap around her waist from behind, she felt a small not-so subtle sniff of her hair. The girl was clearly still half-asleep, if her constantly murmuring in her hair was a give-away.

"Well hello to you too, Lolo," She greeted, continuing on her baking preparations. She was making chocolate chip cookies for Dinah's sister's friends who were currently hanging out on the backyard. Dinah had invited them in for some quality time since her parents were away for twoo weeks, also because she needed someone to help handle her siblings.

"Hey, babe," Ally smiled at the name but then frowned after, she just wished she'd get called that anytime. "What's with the frown?"

"Nothing, you're just being a big distraction for me right now," Ally answered, forgetting to add her usual happy chirp in her voice, but figured it didn't matter since Lauren wasn't good at noticing signs.

Lauren knew what this was about though, she backed up and sighed, "I'll leave you be for now, later I get cuddles." She said, trying to brighten up the girl's mood.

She walked away after getting a small 'sure' from the girl, these were the times she wished she was The Jauregui they called her. The fearless and care-free, raven haired girl everyone knew, but she was still a chicken for one thing. Confessing her love for this one person in front of everyone. Right after Lauren left, Ally wiped the already fallen tears from her cheeks and took in a deep breath, she herself wished the same.

"Still nothing?" Ally bit her lip to stop herself from sobbing, Dinah once again felt awful for her friend. She'd known about their little tryst first and then on she thought she'd see the smaller girl to be happier than her usual but it seems to only have a brought her heartaches. She wished she could have done something but sadly she can't.

"I-I'm okay just a- oh who am I kidding? Dinah it's killing me, killing me to see her so fine about our situation, she just say I'm a friend when I know very fucking well we aren't! I hate it, I hate it, I hate it so much, she acts like we're nothing and I hate it," Ally cried into the taller woman's chest, completely soaking Dinah's shirt. Dinah could only rub the girl's back, whispering to her that it's gonna be okay.

"Ally, she's just not ready yet-"

"And when do you supposed she'd be ready, huh?" Tori asked, leaning on the counter behind them, they hadn't noticed her entering. "Look, I've known about this longer than any of you did, so it's either she woman's up and spill the beans or Ally leaves her." She'd long noticed their loving looks at each other even before Ally and Lauren became a thing.

"Tori, you can't say things like that. You're being insensitive, again," Dinah sighed, still trying to soothe the small girl.

"No, I'm being realistic. Lauren has been cockblockin' Ally from her affection and it's obvious as daylight it isn't doing them any good," Tori replied not holding back, "If she did love Ally, she'd be out of her closet a long time ago. Ally wouldn't be constantly hurt everytime Lauren hangs-out with different men, when Lauren constantly flirts with the boys at the shop. Ally wouldn't constantly be crying at night because she's scared Lauren might have found a man that's better than her! I mean look at how she is right now and back at those time Lauren was rumoured to be with that Camila girl?! She was so torn apart and she still is. I don't care whether I sound like an asshole, I just want her to stop hurting Ally like this!"

Dinah just stared as the fellow blonde walk out the room angrily, she knew Tori was right but what wasn't right was to burst out in front of Ally. Like Ally, Tori was deeply in love with the shorty, though she had forced herself to stop what she felt when she noticed Ally's affection for Lauren. Dinah was beyond torn apart because all three girls were her best friends and she wanted to help so bad but she can't. Maybe she should just trust the process like Normani had said.