Socially Awkward.

Dinally fic.

Ally was currently skimming through the library shelves and deciding the next book for her gift her friend, though she recalled Lauren almost already read every book on the shelf. Still, she was determined to find the perfect book for her friend, she would have asked for help but her pride didn't want it. Also her social awkwardness wasn't something she was over with, she still stuttered and gets nervous when talking to someone who isn't Lauren or her parents and brother. She always wondered how she managed to survive her high school days without embarrassing herself in front of the whole school.

Probably because I took most of high school homeschooled. Didn't really help either.

Pushing the thought away, she continued to search for her friends book. Figuring, Lauren would want to read something she never liked seeing as the girl would never say no to any of her gifts. She walked towards the Mystery Section of the library - of course she held her head down and avoided any eye contact with the people she passed by - and immediately saw the perfect book. Only problem was that it was on the top part of the shelf, her 4'11 height wasn't gonna be much of a help in this situation. Ally huffed and started to stretch her arms up and tip-toed to try and reach the book, casually jumping a bit here and there. She still couldn't reach it, "Ugh I should've just worn heels today."

Ally looked around and saw a curly haired blonde sitting on a table and reading a book not far away from her, she contemplated on whether she should ask for help but then decided why not. Thinking it was time to get over her awkwardness, she walked up to the girl nervously and lightly tapping the woman's shoulder. Her jaw fell slack when the woman turned to her, she was strikingly beautiful. Ally was having a hard times mustering back her previous courage a while ago, completely speechless at the goddess in front of her.

"Uhh can I help you?" The woman asked, squinting up her eyes at the woman.

"Ohh uhh shoot I totally forgot about it, sorry to bother it's just that you're so beautiful- I mean uhh-" Ally stuttered out, mentally cursing herself for rambling "- I was wondering if you could help me reach a book? That is if I'm not bothering you which I probably am by all this rambling."

The woman chuckled at the cute rambler in front of her, the girl was cute and had a very visible blush spread on her face. She was sure the girl wasn't used to speaking with strangers, "Oh why thank you for that sudden compliment and no you aren't being a bother, really. I was just getting bored with my book and honestly, I'm glad you asked for help cause I have no idea what to do right now."

Ally gave a nervous smile at the gorgeous woman, she was sure she'd laugh at her for rambling, "O-Oh really? So does that mean y-you can help me?"

The woman smiled and stood up, completely taking Ally in surprise. She was surprisingly taller than the girl and was basically towering over her, "Woah you are really really tall."

"Why thanks, it's probably the Polynesian in me," The woman joked, placing her hand the shorted girl's shoulder, "So where's the book you needed help reaching with?"

Ally shook herself from her thoughts and nodded, pointing at the Mystery Section. They both made way to the isle, the woman scrunched up her face at the chosen book. She didn't think a sweet looking girl would read mystery books, especially not the graphic ones.

"Thanks so much for the help, miss. I just really needed to give this for my friend's birthday," Ally thanked the woman happily, hugging the book.

Oh so her friend reads those genres, not her.

The woman smiled and chuckled at the girl's quirkiness,"No problem, by the way I never got your name. I'm Dinah Jane."

"Oh right, I'm Allyson but my friends call me Ally. It's a pleasure to meet you, Dinah Jane," Ally smiled, taking a glance at the book she held and scrunched up her face at the cover.