Chapter 2

In The Night

In The Night

THE THUMP OF THE BEAT PRESSED AGAINST MY SKULL, the horny college students grind on each other to the brain-melting sound.

"See something you like?" Nayomi appeared next to me, her appearance similar to mine. Dressed in a black shirt, a leather jacket, jeans, and a pair of combat boots.

I leaned over the cold metal of the balcony in one of Leona's many clubs,

All alone she was living, in a world without an end or beginning

"No, I don't have time for anyone"

"Not even a one-night stand?"

"Especially a one-night stand" I took a sip out of the cup of whatever was in my hand. 

In the night, she hears him calling, in the night she's dancing to relieve the pain

The raw tequila in the red cup wasn't doing anything and it made me want to smash a thousand windows with my bare hand, I needed something to relieve my pain.

To take the truth out of my mind.

"Ms. Fear?" One of the guards appeared next to us, I raised an eyebrow at him.

"The boss is calling you to her study" I stared at him a little longer, he had long blonde hair tied back in a bun at the back of his head, prominent cheekbones, a jawline that looks like it could cut necks, and big full pink lips.

"Message received" I simply said before returning to my cheap tequila.

The woman was a billionaire and couldn't afford better alcohol? Seriously?

"It's urgent" He returned with a panicked look when I set down my cup on a random table, I wasn't going to drink any more of it anyway.

"Fine" I follow him to Leona's study where I can hear a ruckus coming from.

She was drunk...again.

I waited for a second before I heard glass smashing and burst through the door, "I SAID GET OUT!- oh it's you"

"Yeah. Me" I replied before snatching the flask out of her hand.

"If you wanted a d-drink you could've just said so" She slurred and pointed a red nail at me before slumping in her chair beginning to cry.

Jesus christ...

"D-Do you have children?" She said through a sob as I looked at her figure.

"No" I deadpanned and tossed the flask onto a nearby couch.

"I haven't seen mine in years! They were just babies..." She whispered, can you imagine a 50-year-old woman crying while drunk in her own club?

I grabbed her hand and pulled her up. She sent me a glare before heading to her trash can throwing up profusely. I pulled her hair back while keeping my distance.