Chapter 8

Dead Or Alive?

Dead Or Alive?

   I WOKE UP in a familiar white room, I heard voices around me. So I choose not to open my eyes and listen.

   "Are you fucking crazy? It can't be her, she's dead" Another unknown voice spoke while I desperately clenched my eyes closed. 

   "Get out" Ah. There was a familiar voice, my love. I could hear his footsteps enter the room, his strong smell of cologne almost made my breath hitch. I loved it. 

   I heard retreating footsteps and the closing of a door, "How is she?" He asked with my eyes still closed. 

   "Thankfully we found an exit wound and the bullet hadn't hit any major organs. It was a clean shot, through and through so we didn't have to perform any surgery. All we were able to do was some stitches and give her some pain meds" A female voice explained, most likely the doctor around this place.

   "Thank you, you may leave" Quick footsteps were led to the door and the doctor exited quietly. 

   A moment of silence was given before a laugh tore out, "I know you're awake, baby" 

   My eyes shot open and I bit my lip to press down a smile, "How'd you know?" 

   "Your breathing got quicker when I got close to you" He just smirked. Damnit       

   "No, it didn't" I argued with a scowl on my face.   

   "Yes, it did" 

   "No, it didn't!"

   "Cara, I know what I saw. Don't argue" He took a seat on the spare chair beside the bed "It's okay, I'm used to girls having crushes on me" 

   Oh, so he thought he had jokes?

   "I don't have a 'crush' on you, Connard" I retaliated with a frown on my face. (Asshole) 

   Something in his face flashed before he went back to his smirk, "Why did you come here?" 

   "Pft! You're right I just could've gone to the hospital where they'd call the police and start an investigation, find all my darkest secrets, and send me straight to death row!" I smiled sarcastically while he just glared at me.

   "What happened? Who did this?" He asked very straightforward. I scoffed before grimacing.

   "I wish I could tell you, Beau. I could get a good look at anyone's face. The man who I did get a look at is dead. So that's not a lot of help, is it?" I slowly sat myself up with Roman's help who set a pillow on my back. I raised the hem of the hospital gown taking a look at the stitches. (Beautiful)

   "You didn't see any tattoos? Anything?" 

   "There was like an hourglass on the dude's bicep but I had no idea what it meant, mostly because I was getting shot at" I shrugged and looked up at him. But he had beaten me as he was already staring at me. His eyes looked like a thought had circled through his mind but he just nodded.