Chapter 4

Dreaming

Dreaming

GREY EYES HAUNTED MY DREAMS, it's been 2 years since the love of my life was taken from me.

I won't deny it, I was destroyed for some time. But with the help of others, I was able to move forward and only hope for the best.

It was torture trying to look for her, there were no leads except for the Russians who had suddenly gone off the grid and it drove me insane to the point where I was neglecting my children again. I had missed their birthday and the guilt consumed me.

So I got my shit together, for them.

But today was the gala held by us, the Italians. Since Don Jacob had unexpectedly gotten into a 'deadly car accident' the Italians took responsibility for the gala. Rhyia had come back from Italy almost 2 months ago, she looked like a new person.

Her hair had grown out and she looked...happier. She truly looked like my sister again.

"Papa! Look what uncle Alex got me!" My 2-year-old daughter came running up to me holding a shoebox. I bend down to her level looking inside the orange box.

A new pair of soccer cleats. She didn't even know how to play soccer, she had recently seen a women's game on the TV and fell in love with the sport and ofcourse uncle Alex had to spoil the little girl to death.

   Alex had proven himself to me, he quit drinking heavily and quit doing drugs after he noticed how much they messed with his head. He was back in the second-hand position before he knew it. 

   "They're beautiful, Tesoro" I spoke, pressing a kiss to her head before she went running to the backyard in the new house I had gotten.

   I wanted a fresh start, for my kids. They themselves have been through a lot and I wanted a good place for them to grow up.

   So now we lived in the outskirts of New York far from the city till the point where I could manage my business from afar.

   But since she was taken from me I turned into a different man, the pain of ink being pierced into my skin was dulled the first year. 

   The second-year she was gone, so was I.   

   But the nightmares increased, they never let me forget the pain in her eyes. So I buried myself in work, I stayed up late nights scared of what I'd see if I were to close my eyes even for a second. 

   But it worked out for the better, sales increased and money basically flooded me. I was the richest man in New York and possibly the world. 

  "Sir, Should we start getting the children for the gala?" One of the maids appeared next to me. I couldn't remember her name for shit. 

  "Make sure to dress them nicely" I spoke sternly, she nodded and quickly went into the backyard.

 Where was my son?