Chapter 3

Boom Goes The Fragile Heart

   I SPENT HALF THE DAY TRAINING THE RECRUITS until the walkie on my waist uttered, "Agent E34 to the bosses office, I repeat... Agent E34 to the bosses office" 

   I groaned and threw the towel on the floor, what the hell did Leona want now? 

   I knocked on her door and heard her voice, "Come in" 

   I entered the cold office the first thing seen was a hangover smoothie at the edge of her desk, I nearly snorted at the huge sunglasses on her face. 

   "Fun night?" I smirked at the death glare she gave me behind the thick dark glasses  

   "Sit down" She bit at me and I took a seat on the black accent chair leaning back on the armrests. 

   "Don't you ever act like a woman?" She chastised me for my appearance. 

  "Yeah...It was exhausting though" I replied, she snickered and fixed a small smile on her face.      

   She stood up walking over to the little mini-bar handing me a bottle of water, she was dressed dramatically.

   Like her usual self, dressed in a tight black Prada dress that I believe made her look like a classy nun. 

   "I've called you here for a special mission, one that I will be going with you on. Tomorrow on the dot" She sat back down in her seat drinking from the smoothie for a second. 

   "And?" I questioned when she took too long to continue. 

   "And what? Nothing further" She was holding back something important and I knew it.  

   "If you're not going to tell me what this mission is about...I won't do it" I smiled taking a sip of my water as she glared at me.  

   "Then you won't get paid, I don't pay you to slack off and do nothing, now do I?" She smiled a sarcastic smile and shook her hand. 

   She just shooed me, are you serious?  

   "Fine," I spoke coldly standing from the chair slowly "Can I at least get a clue?" 

   "I'm going to get my children back" She spoke up taking a deep breath. My eyebrow itched to raise, to ask her silently what she meant by that but after seeing the pained look on her face I decided to leave her alone to her thoughts. 

   Which wasn't always a bad thing. 

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

   I was lying on the black bedding in my room when a knock woke me up from what was supposed to be a good night's sleep, I groggily stood up wanting what person behind the door wanted to disturb me at midnight.