NINE

Thanos dug the knife deeper and tears slipped out of Alexis's eyes

Thanos dug the knife deeper and tears slipped out of Alexis's eyes. She couldn't leave Wanda, not now.

"W-Wanda." Alexis choked out.

"Give me the stone or—."

"O-or you'll kill he-er." Wanda sniffled. "I know.0

"Wanda. Destroy it. It's alright." Alexis nodded.

"I—."

"I'd rather you destroy it than Thanos have it, Wanda destroy it." Alexis begged.

Alexis stared at her girlfriend, the tears spilling out of her eyes.

"Choose wisely, child." Thanos said.

Wanda raised her arm toward Thanos and Alexis, trying to spare her some of the pain she was in, trying to make her final moments at least a little less painful.

"All I feel is you." Alexis muttered.

Wanda tilted her head at her girlfriend, her eyes red from sobbing, and scrunched up her nose.

"Wanda, it's alright. There is no other choice."

Wanda looked down, not knowing what to do, wishing that there was away she could keep both of them alive, but she knew she couldn't.

She raised her other hand to Vision's head and let out a shaky breath.

The began fo destroy the stone in Vision's head, Vision feeling pain all throughout him.

"It's alright. You'll find happiness, Wanda." Vision whispered.

Wanda sobbed even harder and let out a large scream, dropping to her knees, the stone being destroyed.

It let out a yellow light and Vision's body crashed to the ground, his red color turning into a dull purple color, almost like all the color was sucked out of him.

Thanos dropped Alexis's body to the ground and Wanda crawled over.

"Mon amore, mon amore, mon amore. It's okay, you're okay. You're okay." Wanda cried.

"Wanda, w-we've said goodbye be-before." Alexis breathed.

"And we'll say hello again." Wanda nodded.

Alexis gave the girl a smile before closing her eyes, exhaling.

"No!" Wanda screamed. "No! How dare you!"

"I understand, my child, I understand." Thanos nodded.

"You could never." She sneered, spitting at him.

Just then Ryan came running through the clearing.

"What happened? I got knocked out up there and—. Alexis—!"

Thanos whacked Ryan with the gauntlet, sending him flying.

"You may say hello again, but now is not the time to mourn. Not the time to mourn."

Thanos then used the time stone to reverse time and ripped the stone out of Vision's head, throwing him to the side.

"No!" Wanda stood up, but he pushed her aside.

Before Thanos could snap, a force came at him, which was storm-breaker, and hit him in the chest.

Thor landed and grabbed the side of storm-breaker digging it even more into Thanos.

Thanos groaned, then looked up. "You should...You should've...You should've gone for the head."

Just then, Thanos lifted his arm, strapping his fingers, a white light coming out.