TWELVE

//TW//: MENTIONS OF SUICIDE AND SELF-HARM!

Alexis spent most of her days alone in her room

Alexis spent most of her days alone in her room. It was freezing in there, her loneliness making it feel every colder along with the fact that she was beginning to fade, both figuratively and literally.

She was beginning to turn invisible without even trying, which happened sometimes when she was in a deep depression. It happened after Rebecca, but not this bad.

A forcefield began to grow around her room as well, keeping it so no one could enter.

She also was starting to fade from the world, not wanting to associate with anyone, especially not after she had almost severely hurt Pepper. She wasn't going to let that happen to anything ever again.

Alexis felt alone, but on top of that, she felt like a threat and she wasn't going to let either of those things hurt anyone, so she isolated herself, making everything worse for herself.

Anytime anyone came to the door, she didn't answer or told them she couldn't come out.

She spent most of her days either reading or staring at the door thinking that one of the three people she needed most would enter, but they didn't.

"'Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?"' She read. "Wanda, Wanda, wherefore art thou Wanda."

Alexis sighed and continued reading the book.

"'But soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is in the east and Juliet is the sun. Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon who is already sick and pale with grief that thou her maid art far more fair than she.'" She continued.

Alexis then looked over at the window. "But soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is in the east and Wanda is the sun. Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon who is already sick and pale with grief that thou, Wanda, art far more fair than she."

Alexis continued reading until she got to the part where Romeo was leaving Juliet.

"'Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow that I shall say good night till it be morrow.'"

Alexis took in those words, then repeated them to herself a few times before dropping her book to the floor and leaning back, sobbing.

Romeo and Juliet had to say goodbye just like Wanda and Alexis did. And at the end, one died believing that the other was dead, when they were really alive and then the other had decided to kill themselves for the other.

Alexis grabbed the book and let out a blood-curdling scream at the top of her lungs, then through the hard-cover book at window, the glass breaking.

The brunette stared at the glass before slowly stepping toward it and picking a piece up.

She squeezed the piece in her hand, feeling a pain inside of her release snd blood dropped down her hand.

She fell to her knees and when she looked down at her blood, her facial expression changed.

"What did I just do?" Alexis whispered.

She put the glass down, staring at her hand in shock.

She then grabbed a first aid kit from under her bed and took out the scissors and tape, wrapping her hand.

Once she was finished, she put the tape away and stared at the scissors.

Staring at them, she felt that she needed a change.

Slowly getting to her feet, she went into the bathroom and started chopping, pieces of hair falling down into the sink.

She started chopping and chopping and chopping until her hair was up to her cheeks.

She put the scissors down snd started at herself in the mirror. It wasn't exactly perfect, but it was good enough for her.

"Holy shit." She muttered.

Just then, the mirror started to shake and she spun around, knowing that something was going on outside.

Exiting the bathroom, she left her room for the first time in weeks and went outside to see what could be happening at a time like that.n

Once she got out there, she saw Steve, Pepper, Rhodey, Bruce, and Natasha already standing there.

A ship was being brought down by a blonde woman with an orange glow around her.

"What is it?" Alexis asked.

They stared at her quizzically, wondering when she got out of her room.

She stood next to Pepper and the ship opened to reveal Nebula helping Tony down the stairs of the ship.

Steve ran over and helped him down, the two talking.

A bump was in Alexis's throat, not believing that this was real that her father was really there.

"Daddy!" Alexis sobbed.

She sprinted as fast as she could and let herself fall into his weak arms.

"I thought I lost." Tony breathed.

"I thought I lose you!" Alexis exclaimed, sobbing. "Please don't leave me ever again."

"I promise, baby, I won't. Where's P—."

Just then Pepper came running over.

"Oh my god."

They hugged she gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"I lost the kid." Tony whispered.

"I lost her. And I lost Ry." Alexis sniffled.

Tony gave her a look and the three did a group hug before going inside to get Tony situated.