ELEVEN

Without her father or girlfriend and best friend, Alexis had felt completely and utterly alone

She had spent days on end alone in Wanda's room

Though, she had the other Avengers, she couldn't have felt more on her own.

There was a knock on the door to Wanda's bedroom and Alexis got up, opening it up to see Pepper.

"Pep." She half-smiled.

The blonde woman took the girl in her arms and rocked her back and forth.

"I lost another one. I lost another girl I was so in love with." Alexis sobbed into her shirt, sounding muffled.

She was wearing one of Wanda's black dresses and one of her red cardigans that she'd wear all the time.

"That's not your fault, baby, that's not your fault at all. You fought so hard and I'm proud of you." Pepper said.

"And I lost Ryan too. He's gone. And Dad. Dad left me too. Everyone is gone." She sobbed.

"I'm right here. And your dad is coming back, I'm sure of it, I'm so sure of it, sweetheart. You just have to believe. But you're not alone. You have so many people who love you and care about you and your well-being. Everything is going to be okay. I promise." Pepper promised.

Alexis nodded, but still didn't fully believe it.

Pepper pulled away and looked her step-daughter in the eyes and Alexis suddenly remembered something else.

"Tag, you're it!" Alexis tapped Ryan's shoulder.

"Dang it!" He stomped.

He then chased Alexis as she ran through her father's mansion and down to his lab.

Ryan chased her and she entered the lab running around the tables.

"Hi, Jarvis!" Alexis greeted.

"Hello, baby Stark, what are you doing down here?" He asked.

"Playing tag with Ryan. Eek, here he comes!" The young girl squeaked.

Ryan ran into the room, chasing after Alexis. She squealed and ran behind some of Tony's tech.

Ryan ran over and screwdriver fell down, scraping Ryan's knee.

He fell to the floor crying, clutching his knee.

"Ryan?" Alexis squinted. "Ryan!"

She ran over and took her best friend in her arms. She kissed him on the forehead.

"Let me get you a bandaid, I can help you."

"I'm okay, Lexi, you don't have to take care of me. I'm a big boy, I can take care of myself."

The little brown-eyed girl gave the curly-haired boy a look before they heard heels clicking on the floor behind them.

They turned to see Pepper standing there with her folder under her arm and her arms folded.

"Kids. What're you doing down here?" Pepper asked.

Ryan squeezed his eyes shut and Alexis stood up.

"We were playing tag and...and Ryan got hurt. I think he needs a bandaid." Alexis explained.

Ryan craned his neck to look at Pepper. "No I don't! I'm perfectly fine! Look!"

He showed his knee to Pepper which had blood dripping down it.

Pepper sighed and put her folder down, then walked over to inspect the the cut.

"Let me fix you up, Ry."

She then got some cotton balls, rubbing alcohol, and a large bandaid.

She put some of the rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball.

"Now Ryan, this may sting, okay?" Pepper informed.

"It's okay. I can take it." Ryan nodded determined.

"Okay."

Pepper then dabbed the cotton ball on his cut and he squeezed his eyes shut and bit down hard.

Alexis grabbed his hand and a small tear slipped out of his left eye.

Pepper finished cleaning up the cut and placing the bandaid over it.

"All done. You did great Ryan."

"Thank you, Pep." Ryan thanked.

"Yeah, thank you." Alexis smiled.

The two then hugged Pepper and she kissed each of them on the forehead.

"Hey, I want in on this hug. Don't let the famous Tony Stark feel left out." A voice said from behind them.

They giggled and let him join in on the hug, the four of them doing a group hug.

"Fuck..." Alexis muttered.

"What're you thinking about?" Pepper asked.

"Nothing." Alexis lied.

"Alexis, I know when you're thinking about something. I helped raise you." Pepper replied.

"No, I'm not, Pep. I'm fine."

"Alexis."

"I said I'm fine!" Alexis growled.

A forcefield then came out around Alexis and pushed Pepper back.

"Pepper!" Alexis exclaimed when she realized what she had done.

The blonde woman slowly got to her feet and Alexis put her hands over her mouth.

Pepper put her hand to her stomach, rubbing.

Alexis looked down at it and her eyes went wide when she realized. Pepper was pregnant.

"Oh my god..." Alexis trailed off.

She went inside her room and slammed the door shut, hiding from herself and from the world.