31 | drowned blood

WARNING: Contains major triggers & SEXUAL CONTENT.

Even if I was offered the choice to leave this desolate world would I be capable to?

Would I be able to leave without drawing something like a magnet pulled its force?

Once you are held captive and flee you have to live with the dread that someone may come after you for shushing, rating them out.

You can never outrun the past, it's closer than you think it is.

No matter how fast your feet take you, the past takes the one step you took twice because you didn't close a door before it.

It lingers there like hair when it falls down your head and sticks to your clothes. You don't feel it but once it moves down to your skin you feel the string.

The past affects you, impacts your decisions whether you learned from your mistakes or keep making them.

In times like these, thoughts to which I had no answer or better said an answer I was petrified to consider rushed through my starved, nonfunctional brain.

That maybe I was competent to kill a man. Not any man but this specific man who was the purpose of my downfall.

Closing my eyes to rest my hourly worked brain the door to the sinister, lonely room opened, and in fell a half-woken woman in minimal ripped clothes.

"Do you think I can get another drink?" she asked behind her as Jud one of Remus's men led in grinning.

"You can as much as you want sweetheart." He slurred reaching for her waist to which she took a few steps aside from him clearly looking uneasy.

Blinking my eyes to clear my vision I immediately remembered her.

She was one of many women who had been delivered to this warehouse to be hauled away, far from their home.

I wanted to scream tell her to get away from him, I craved to rib these chains from my body parts and refuse the screams that would rib through me once my ankle and hand would plunge off my body.