Chapa's Sick Day

This is dedicated to the one and Only Angela- also known as Bapavs on Instagram! Don't be shy give them a follow <3

Also a win for my Bapa followers who've been asking me to write Bapa again here's your once-in-a-lifetime one shot. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapa groaned thrashing about in her bed. It seemed like no matter what she did, she just couldn't fall asleep. She got up and fluffed her pillow taking a napkin from her nightstand to blow her nose. She had gotten sick earlier this week and wasn't in the mood for anything. She regretted not listening to her Mom when she insisted that Chapa should wear a jacket to protect her from the wheater. It hadn't stopped snowing in Swellview since last Friday so fortunately for her the school board canceled all schools, including SWAG.

So yes, she didn't have to deal with waking up early in the morning just so she could get to school on time. But she did, however, have to deal with staying at home with her parents when she'd rather be alone. Her Mom kept fussing over her and Chapa had enough so she locked herself in her room for the rest of the day hoping she would get some shut-eye. She blew her nose, sipped the tea on her nightstand, and then threw the cover over her head.

As she was about to close her eyes again she heard her tech watch ring, "Incoming call from Brainstorm,". Chapa loudy groaned shaking herself out of the blanket and reaching for her watch. She rested her head on her pillow and clicked accept. "What do you want?" She huffed hearing how hoarse her voice sounded. "Hey stranger!" Bose exclaimed when Chapa's holographic call came through. He hadn't been able to get in contact with anyone since they've all been snowed in but Schwoz was finally able to remotely fix his issue. Chapa was the first person he wanted to talk to. Bose noticed how sleepy her eyes were, how messy her hair was and how red her nose had become. He pouted seeing her like that "Still sick huh?".

"No Bose, i chose to look like this," She quipped.

"If it makes you feel any better i still think you look gorgeous," He complimented.

Chapa's mood immediately changed and she became flustered, "Yeah whatever," he said trying to contain a smile. Chapa was sure she was heavily blushing now and hoped he thinks her face had gone scarlet due to symptoms.

"I can't sleep," She changed the subject. Bose looked confused, "Why are you trying too, it's only 7 pm,".

"I know but i have nothing better to do, it's pretty lonely here and i'd rather be unconscious than walk around feeling awful, " She coughed. Bose didn't like seeing her so upset, Chapa might have been pretty hardcore but she was also very energetic and always ready for their next adventure. He looked at the time then turned his attention back to Chapa, "I gotta go, but i bet you'll feel better soon," He assured. Chapa didn't want him to hang up, she wouldn't admit it but he was the one she missed the most. His fun, loving, soft personality was always refreshing. However, she didn't wanna keep him waiting, "Okay, I'm gonna try and get some sleep again, you know if this cough stops being a pain in the ass," She claimed and Bose laughed at her take.

"Bye," She waved.

"Bye," He disclosed hanging up first.

Once he did, Chapa felt alone again. "This is the worst, "She sighed cuddling back into her fluffy blanket. She exhaled and shut her eyes again, even if she didn't sleep it was still nice to simply rest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

20 minutes later she was up again watching TV by herself, looking glum. She really wished she listened to her Mom. Chapa was changing the TV when a Fred lobster commercial came on, she stopped to listen to it before channel surfing again.

Right when she found what she might have liked to watch, she heard something hit her window. Probably just the tress, she thought. When she heard it for the 3rd time she let out another dramatic groan then went to see what it was. She was 2 stories high, what could possibly be making all that noise.

She opened her window to look out into the snow-covered streets. She was looking to her sides when she peeked down and saw a snowball coming right for her head. Chapa yelped and ducked. "What the heck?!" She placed her hand on her racing heart getting up. "Sorry!" She heard someone apologize. She looked down and noticed Bose dropping a snowball. "Bose? What are you doing here? Trent and Mary advised everyone to stay home," She reminded.

"I know, but you seemed so upset, i thought i could cheer you up," He explained. Well, how could she be upset now When Bose had come all this way for her. She was getting flustered again and immediately cursed herself for letting that happen. She gazed at him from her window and realized he was carrying bags in his hands. "Well, i can't play with you outside if that's why you're here, my cold would end me!" She joked. "I had a different idea actually, "He started climbing the latter up to her window. Chapa backed away to give him room to enter when he made it to the top.

Chapa beamed watching Bose settle himself in. "Hi!" Bose gave her a side hug she hadn't been expecting yet she brought her hands up to embrace him as well. Bose pulled away and handed her the things he had.

"I brought a double cheese taco from Nacho Ball," he gave her the paper bag.

"Some cough drops to help with your cold," He handed her a box.

"A bottle of blue soda," he now gave her the glass bottle, Chapa held it along with the Nacho Ball and Cough drops. He reached into the bag one last time and pulled out DVDs. "And to make you extra better, Jacobs coyote movies 1-7!" He revealed. Chapa peeked at the covers then gasped, "Plus bouns scenes?!" She cheered. "Oh yeah baby," He winked.

Again she was blushing. She tried to avoid eye contact with him looking at the stuff he brought her instead. "Thank you, Bose," She thanked, "I don't know what to say," She looked back up.

"Say we can spend the night watching all 7 movies eating Nacho Ball," He hoped. Chapa teasingly looked like she was thinking about it. "Yes," Chapa laughed.

"Yes!" Bose gave his own cheer and pumped his fist in the air.

"Chapa went to put her gifts down on her bed and Bose removed his jacket setting up the DVD. He didn't notice when Chapa approached him. But he definitely noticed when she placed a kiss on his cheek, "Really, thank you," she expressed. Now it was his turn to feel butterflies and for his face to flush.

"No problem," He touched where she kissed, savoring how her soft lips felt.