Chapter Three

Being locked up as a prisoner of war, as you expected, was exceedingly boring.

For the past week or so, the only entertainment you've had is your own thoughts and the small window in your cell that allowed you to see the dreary Inazuma sky.

Well, that would be counted as your only entertainment if last night had not happened.

You shudder at the thought of Baal, and of Baal's... friendliness? Her laughter?

You remember Ayaka telling you of a time when the Electro Archon hadn't been so oppressive.

Past texts recall Baal being a stern but kind leader, telling tales of when she saved kittens drowning and children from their own naivety.

A far cry from who she has become, you think. A ruthless cutthroat shogun who would not hesitate to take away a persons life along with their vision.

You move your hand to your hip, where your vision used to be, without thinking. Scowling, you snatched your hand away and bashed it onto the ground angrily.

You immediately regret the action, your already hurt hand aching with pain. You wince at the sight of it. It's likely infected from exposure. You cradle your badly injured hand to your chest.

Your eyes watered at the thought of never getting out of here. Of dying here. Do Ayaka and Lady Kokomi even know you're captured?

You curl up, resting your head on your knees. How could you let this happen in the first place?

"It's my own damn fault." You whisper desparingly.

My only hope you think, staring at the chipped bar on your window, Is that my lady Baal will happen to overlook me.

━━━━━━━

"I applaud your foolhardiness if nothing else, y/n" Baal drawls, looking completely out of place with all her regal expensiveness in front of your cell.

You curse yourself to hell. Why hadn't you waited to squeeze yourself through that godforsaken window just a bit more?

"How very nice of you my lady," You respond sarcastically, voice scratchy. "But if I may ask, where was this attitude a few nights ago?"

She glares at you, effectively annoyed. Her nails tap against her crossed arms. You would feel like laughing if your body didn't feel like it was about to fall apart.

The chains at your arms indent your flesh. It was taking almost everything you had to not cry from the pain.

"I could kill you." Baal says unexpectedly, purple eyes gleaming unnaturally. "I could kill you and send your mutilated body off to your beloved band of traitors."

You pause, effectively dumbfounded. What happened to the woman who had you planting flowers with her a few days ago? A bluff. She had to be bluffing.

"If you wanted to do that you would have done so already."

"Is that so?"

You smirk, false confidence permeating through you. "Oh, but who would keep your flowers alive if I were dead, my lady?"

Baal just stares, and you count the seconds it takes before she turns, back facing you.

"Someone will come to check your wounds in the morning." She says simply. You grit your teeth at her indifference. "I reccommend you do not attempt any more stupid escape ideas if you know what is good for you."

And she leaves. No divine punishment, just the view of her walking away.

You immediately slump in your chains, sick of holding up an unbothered persona. Everything hurts, and that is no exaggeration. Morning could not come soon enough.