Chapter Five

"Wake up." A voice calls, startling you from your sleep.

You look around, worried, before your eyes meet with the unmistakable electrically charged eyes of the Raiden Shogun. And of course, the sight of Kujou Sara looms behind her.

Ah, thats right. You're a prisoner.

"Oh forgive me," You drawl sarcastically, rubbing the sleep out of your eyes. "I forgot that some people can't sleep at night."

Neither of the women rise to the bait, which surprises you. Before this, Baal had always had an inkling of annoyance present on her face. Will she not allow herself to show any sort of emotion even in front of her most trusted general? Did she not care enough about you to hide her emotions while its just you two? The Electro Archon sure was strange.

You are interrupted from your thoughts when you notice your cell is open and your restraints are being removed.

You scowl, resisting the urge to bat Kujou Sara's hands away. "What—"

"From now on you will be accompanying me at all times, serving me as a retainer." Baal explains, voice stiff as if she is reading off a script.

Your face falls, and you sputter protests, all of which are promptly ignored. You sit there, dumbfounded and confused on the floor like some quivering child, when Baal addresses you again.

"Do you wish to follow me to your living quarters?" Baal says, eyes glinting. "Or would you like to have my general restrain you? It is your choice."

You grit your teeth, head pounding with the effort of not screaming in anger. This is how she was planning to keep you in check, by having you serve her as a servant.

You lift yourself up slowly on shaky legs, face burning with the embarrassment of being seen so utterly weak and defeated. Your legs, to your chagrin, have a hard time working properly after such a long time of sitting down on the cells stone floor.

You keep your mouth shut, knowing that if you spoke you would just make yourself out to be more pathetic than you already are. Baal seems to notice this, and you feel your face redden more in annoyance.

"You will follow me to your new room," Baal exclaims, turning to leave the dingy basement where your cell was located.

You want to tell her no. You want to tell her that you would rather die than live amongst her as a servant. You want to tell her that you hate her godsdamned guts for doing this to you.

But you don't. You can't.

You obediently fall in line behind her. You know you must look ridiculous, walking through the halls of a palace with your ruined clothes and red face. You haven't cried, not once since you got here. But right now you are dangerously close to letting your emotions spill over.

It feels like forever before Baal stops walking, and your legs hurt from the strain of moving so much after having been pretty much immobile for the better part of four days.

The shōji door Baal stops at is beautifully designed, which is not unexpected considering you are now the retainer of the Electro Archon herself. When she opens the door, you stare in wonder at the large bed, gorgeous tatami flooring and gorgeous—women?

Your face pales in embarrassment as three women rush over, pulling you into the room and onto to a seat, one brandishing a brush and comb. Oh gods, they're gonna comb your hair--

"Is this really necessary?" You definitely don't squeal, directing your attention to the two women who brought you here.

Now that you're looking, you can see that Baal's emotionless façade has cracked a bit and she is visibly slightly... amused? Oh gods, this is the worst. She has humiliated you once again.