22

~Clementine's POV~

"Take it off! Take it off!" I heard Ryder exclaim at me in a panic, causing me to squeal and idiotically bounce on my feet, beginning to grow a little bit panicked myself. "It's hot!" I cried, holding my hand over the lid of the pot of spaghetti that I was currently trying to cook up for the two of us. The heat from it rose up, warming my skin. "I can't touch it!" I exclaimed, looking over my shoulder at him.

Ryder rushed over and gently bumped me out of the way, swiftly grabbing the handles of the large pot with his oven mitt clad hands before he moved the pot off of the burner. I stood there dumbfounded, staring up at him when he turned to me and crossed his arms.

"I didn't mean take off the lid." He chuckled, shaking his head in amusement. "I meant the pot. You needed to move it off the burner." He clarified, a smile on his lips. For a moment I just stared up at him as embarrassment crept into my body, heat beginning to warm my cheeks, spreading from my neck to my face and ears. The embarrassment was practically all consuming. "Oh." I said softly, biting down onto my bottom lip as he chuckled and ran a hand through his dark brown hair, mussing it up further.

"Is it ruined?" I asked hesitantly, stepping up beside him to try to peer into the pot, though it was a little too far for me to see from here, plus the glass lid had fogged up, making it hard to see through. Ryder just laughed, slinking a long arm around my waist before he pulled me into his side. "No, it's not." He assured me, an amused smile on his kissable lips. "As if I'd let you do that when I've been right here the entire time." He said, his large hands tracing the curves of my waist to my hips. I gave him a sheepish smile, my arms subconsciously wrapping around his body until my hands clasped together at his back, causing our chests to be pressed right up against one another. "Something tells me that I could probably still have managed to fuck it up, even if you were standing right here watching me. I told you I'm not good at cooking, remember?" I pouted, resting my chin on his firm chest.

He chuckled, pretty brown eyes sparkling with a type of joy that I had never imagined being there before. It was a type of happiness that I never thought I could have ever given him, and it felt surreal to be seeing it before me.

"Well, I didn't think you were that bad." He confessed, letting out a chuckle as his palms slid down to my backside, where he gripped two large handfuls of my butt. I squeaked as he pulled me closer, ducking his head down just the slightest bit closer, brushing his lips against mine. "Luckily the noodles were all you had left to make, since we don't have any ground beef and the spaghetti sauce is just from a container." He murmured, finally giving me a light, lingering kiss before he pulled away.

The two of us got separate plates of spaghetti, which I decided to practically dump parmesan cheese on top of because I loved spaghetti with parmesan cheese on it. We then sat down together in the living room, my legs curling up beneath me as I sat beside him on the couch. I was glad that, when I took a bite, the noodles seemed perfect. Although I had almost managed to somehow fuck them up, it seemed Ryder had saved them just in time.

After we ate dinner together, I cleaned the dirty dishes and then stuck them in the dishwasher before I joined him back on the couch, sprawling my legs out over his lap as I leaned against the armrest. He glanced my way with raised brows and placed a hand on my calves, grasping one within his large hand before he suddenly pulled, tugging me closer. I squealed and felt my head hit the armrest, my butt against his thighs from how much closer he had pulled me. "Hey!" I exclaimed, pouting up at him as I leaned up onto my elbows.

Ryder grinned, tracing his fingers up the length of my shin. "You look cute when you're pouting at me like that, Tiny." He teased, catching me off guard when he suddenly lifted my legs and spread my thighs, slipping his way between them. I gasped in surprise, peering up at him as he hovered above me with his hands on either side of my body, pressing me into the couch cushions. His hips pressed against mine, the hard muscle of his body pushing into my softer figure as my hands grasped at his biceps. "What are you doing?" I whispered, a warmth filling my body from his proximity. I'd never get used to him being this close, or to the way that it made me feel.

"I just wanted to kiss you." He murmured, brushing his lips against my jawline. I shuddered as he placed kisses along my skin gently, until his lips finally closed over mine, causing a hum of pleasure to leave me. My hands found his shirt and I closed the fabric of it within my fingertips, clutching it tightly as I kissed him back.

His kiss began slow and sensual at first before slowly becoming more rough, filled with need as he grasped my waist. I moaned when he gently bit onto my bottom lip and slipped his hand beneath my shirt, trailing his touch up my side until his hand grasped my breast, squeezing it within his grasp. The moan that left my lips caused him to growl, his teeth biting a little harder as he tugged at my bottom lip. "Ah!" I gasped, jolting in surprise. He released my lip, soothing the bite with his tongue as it slipped into my mouth gently, meeting my own. Our tongues fought one another for dominance, my core warming as I felt his tongue teasing mine, brushing my top lip when he broke away for a split second.

"Fuck." He swore lowly, gently grinding his hips against mine whilst he connected our lips once more. I could feel him hard between my legs, pressing firmly into my throbbing, aching core and it made me whimper, lifting my hips up to push my core against him further. "R-Ry!" I whined against his lips, arching my back.

He groaned and broke away from me, wrapping his hand around my throat as he held himself above me, breathing heavily. I wiggled my hips, a heat in my cheeks due to the arousal within me and the way that he gazed down at me with dilated eyes, his lids hooded and lust written in the way he looked at me. "Wait a minute." He breathed out, voice almost shaking. It seemed absentminded when he tightened his grip on my breasts, my pebbled nipples poking against the fabric as I panted beneath his large frame, wanting him on me more. "Please." I whined, bucking my hips into his.

Another swore left him and he tightened his hold around my neck. "I want it, Clementine." He growled, his erection straining against the confines of his pants as he pressed his hips into mine further. "But I'm trying to wait for you. I need your patience." He muttered, which just earned a groan of complaint from me as I bucked my hips up, grinding myself against his bulge. I was needy, wanting his body on top of me and his hands on my skin, everywhere. The need I was feeling was strong, all consuming.

"Baby, please." He ground out, but I only moaned, my thighs trembling as my eyes rolled back. "I can't, Ry. Please, just..." I peeled my lids open to peer up at him through hazy eyes. "Please take me already."