35

~Clementine's POV~

"So wait," I said to Ryder the next day as he and I stepped out of the shower together. "You said we'll be back on land in a week and a half?" I asked, wrapping a fluffy white towel around my body. He hummed and nodded his head, using one towel to dry his dark hair whilst he used the other to wrap around his hips. "Precisely that, yes." He murmured, tossing the towel he'd used on his hair into the little hamper for dirty towels.

I couldn't help but to pout slightly as Ryder pulled on his shirt and then a pair of gray boxers, his gaze catching mine in the mirror. His pretty mouth twitched up into a smile at the look on my face. "Aw. What a pouty little thing you are." He teased, easily sliding his way up behind me and wrapping his long arms around my waist to turn me towards him. "But that's okay because you're cute." He muttered. I tilted my head back to look up at him, a slight frown on my lips. "I can't help it." I said with an ever so slight huff. "I'm just excited to get back home, to actually be able to go to places with you, and to live my life like normal again."

Ry smiled down at me, bending down to press a kiss on my forehead that made my stomach flutter with butterflies. "I'm excited to be able to go places with you, too, Clem." He murmured, giving me a strong hug, making my heart pound increasingly faster.

Still, I cocked my head to the side as I stared up at him. "What about your family?" I asked. "Aren't you excited to see them again? I mean, they're probably worried about you." I stated, a furrow forming between my brows. However, he just gave a gentle shrug of his shoulders, his long fingers playing with the still damp strands of my hair, which was slightly darker due to the water. "You already know my family situation." He mumbled, twirling my hair around his fingers. "I don't have anybody waiting for me." He said.

There was a hint of sadness within his tone, as if he wished and longed for somebody to be waiting back home, missing him and worrying for him. I wondered what that would be like. What kind of loneliness would it bring to know that there was nobody in your life to worry for you if something happened?

"Well, I....I'm sorry." I said softly, wondering if I had been insensitive. Ryder's parents had both died a few years ago, and he had nobody left. It was just him, as far as I knew. For me, however, my parents were still alive. Sure, they were divorced and had been for quite a long time, but at least I still had them both. "But at least we have each other. You always have me now." I told him, giving him a shy smile. He chuckled softly, brushing his fingers through my hair. "I love you, Tiny." He murmured, kissing me gently on the mouth again before he released me so I could get dressed.

Smiling to myself, I pulled on my underwear and then a pair of cream colored shorts, which seemed to somehow be a little bit tighter on me than the last time I had worn them. I must've gained a little weight, though that was the very last of my concerns. Next, I pulled on a rather eccentric patterned shirt with different colors such as green, yellow, orange, and a dark maroon-ish purple. The top buttoned down, but I left the two top buttons undone, exposing my cleavage that peaked out, even without a bra on.

"What do you think?" I asked Ryder after I'd gotten dressed, turning in a small circle once he had pulled on a pair of black jeans. "Do I look ok?" I wondered, cocking my head to the side.

He smiled as he looked at me, his gaze wandering up and down the length of my body. "You look beautiful, Tiny." He assured me, running a hand through his dark hair. I sighed softly, fixing up my clothes a little before I hung my towel and his on the towel hook that hung on the bathroom door, leaving them there to dry whilst he and I returned to our bed together.

"Want to see what food they have? Apparently there's room service." Ry suggested, curling his strong arm around my shoulders to pull me up against his side. I nodded my head as he grabbed a laminated menu from out of the drawer in the bedside table, allowing me to look at it first to figure out what I wanted for breakfast.

As I looked over the menu, I could've almost started drooling because of how good everything sounded, making my stomach grumble hungrily. Beside me, Ryder snickered when he heard it, amused. "Sounds like someone's hungry." He teased, causing my cheeks to warm in slight embarrassment. I nodded my head nonetheless, glancing up at him as I rested my chin on his chest. "I am." I pouted. "If I order french toast and sausage with a yogurt parfait, do you want to split the parfait a little? It says it's supposed to be a big sized one." I suggested, glancing down at the menu. The biggest parfait I'd had was maybe seven ounces, and this one was fifteen ounces. With everything else I had ordered, I'd definitely not be able to eat it by myself.

"Will you feed me if I say yes?" Ry asked, causing me to giggling, as I had assumed he was just joking. However, he just stared at me a little, like he was waiting for a response and my lips parted as I realized he wasn't quite joking. "Wait, you really want me to feed you?" I blinked up at him.

There was a slight pout that formed on his full lips. "C'mon, Tiny. Just once." He said, an amused smile tugging up on the edges of my mouth. "Fine, fine." I giggled, shaking my head with mirth. "I'll feed you a little bit." I relented, letting him take his turn to look over the menu to pick what he wanted. He looked over the menu for a little bit before he ordered our food on the phone that came with the room, hanging up afterwards to roll me over beneath him, his arms still wrapped around me tightly.

We were cuddling and talking with one another when there was a knock on the bedroom door, causing Ryder to slip out of bed to open the door. I sat up in bed, watching as a large cart tray was rolled into the room, the little cart being parked a little to the right of the dresser, where there was a small dining table. The server took a tip that Ryder gave him and then quickly left, closing the bedroom door afterwards.

Ryder brought the tray atop the cart over to the bed, climbing in beneath the covers with me as my stomach grumbled at the delicious smell of food. I inhaled deeply as he lifted the lid from the tray, making me bite my lip at how utterly delicious it looked and smelled. I grabbed my french toast and sausage patties, happily beginning to eat my food whilst Ry ate his beside me. Barely after I'd finished eating, Ryder gently bumped his shoulder against mine, causing me to glance up at him. "What?" I frowned, watching as he nodded his head down towards the parfait on the tray, the lid still on the container. "Gimme some." He said.

I giggled softly but nonetheless I popped the lid off, using the spoon to scoop a little bit of the parfait onto it. He opened his mouth and I spooned the parfait into his mouth, my face burning as I peered up into his intense gaze and watched his tongue slip out to catch a little bit of yogurt that had gotten on the corner of his mouth.

"Delicious." He hummed, a playful, somehow seductive lilt to his voice. My face burned even brighter in response, quickly digging into another spoon full of yogurt as he chuckled, amused at how flustered I was. "So cute." He murmured, sounding deeply fond and affectionate in a way that just made my heart pound. Even so, I just smiled to myself a little, beginning to eat some of the parfait, occasionally giving some to him as well.