Meeting your father

Should I stop making promises to fulfil requests within a certain time period knowing damn well I have inattentive adhd and a bad concept of time... yes, I know it's a day late but I forgot I was going to get doc martens yesterday also my thumb is still in pain anyway moving on

—————————————————————

"Do you think we can get some snacks in town!" Muichiro laughs at your excitement as you drag him down the road, hand in hand "so I was thinking we keep it casual today get a quick bite and go lay under the tree?" He observers your face as you turn your head over to look at him "sure" he nods as the nearby town quickly comes into view over the hill.

It's a nice day, the suns shining and the air has a comfortable warmth, perfect for relaxing. "Ya know, I was thinking..." Muichiro eyes from the corner of his eye waiting for you to finish "maybe I could... introduce you to my dad?" You awkwardly smile at Muichiro who simply raises his eyebrow "I know your dad, we're both pillars" there's a brief pause as you stare at each other in silence "well- yes that's true but- he doesn't know we're dating, I want to introduce you as my boyfriend as far as my dad knows we don't even know each other" You mumble out the last bit before the conversation tapers into another uncomfortable silence.

"Is that... something people do?" Ah. You forgot Muichiro probably doesn't know these types of things, "well yea after while assuming your relationship is good with your parents... you introduce them to your partner, my dad is really important to me and so is this relationship naturally I'd want to tell him about it" You take his hand in your own and start to play with his long fingers "What about Oyakata sama... he's important to me, so would I introduce you to him as my girlfriend?" You nod your head a little and lean against Muichiro "well... would it make you happy, to introduce us?"

~.

"What if he doesn't approve?" Muichiro fidgets and glances around the room, you decided it would be best to meet at your estate, it was convenient for everyone and provided Muichiro with a sense of familiarity "my dad loves you, what could change that?" You rub circles on his back and pour him a cup of tea "dating his daughter and not asking permission first..." You chuckle at Muichiro's quick response, moving your hand down to his thigh you give him a light squeeze and gently rub your thumb against him "look we've got awhile till he comes, if you really can't take it you can go hide in my bedroom, ok?" He shakes his head at that, he's Muichiro Tokito the mist pillar and he will not hide from your- "oh I can hear him walking up now! I'll be right back!"

Muichiro sits frozen in his spot whispering reassurances to himself "you're the mist pillar, you are prodigy of the Corps you can handle your girlfriends father" over and over again he whispers it as his stomach turns, "so who's this boyfriend of yours, better be strong or-" Uzui freezes as he locks eyes with Muichiro silence engulfs the room, an imaginary pressure begins to take effect on Muichiro as he sits and stares wide eyed "Tokito... You crazy son of bitch, my boy you've been dating my daughter?!" Even you find yourself taken aback as your dad lifts poor Muichiro into the air.

"This is great! Just wait tell I tell everyone about this!" You can see Muichiro open his to counter but you quickly put your finger in front of your lips, he sighs but closes his mouth "So tell me Muichiro, how did you swoon my daughter, was it hidden charisma, an extravagant date! Gifts!" You shake your head and walk to join them at the table "actually dad, I liked Muichiro from the start" you giggle as you pour everyone some tea "really hunny? I like Muichiro as well but he's kinda rude" your dad leans over and whispers earning a light chuckle from Muichiro "Uzui san I can be charming when I want, not that anyone needs to know" he smirks.

You sit back relax and e̶n̶j̶o̶y̶ ̶a̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶l̶t̶h̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶l̶o̶n̶g̶e̶d̶ ̶e̶y̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶a̶c̶t̶ ̶ enjoy the calm atmosphere as Muichiro and your dad laugh their heads off together, yes this was definitely the right choice, even if it made your stomach churn with anxiety.

This may or may not be my third rewrite... shhh