Part 1 - Betrayed

We have been on the ground for a year now and there are 93 of us left. Two of our people died on the landing, one by the acid fog, one by suicide, we banished one of our own, and two were taken by the grounders nearly a month ago. One's name is Sasha, she was a guard in training on the ark. The other name is Octavia Blake, Bellamy Blake's younger sister. Octavia has a thing with one of the grounders but I'm okay with it. His name is Lincoln and he saved our lives when we first landed. Lincoln disappeared and Octavia took three of our people to go look for him. The three came back but Octavia never did, and Lincoln still hasn't shown up.

Clarkes POV

I'm laying on my bed thinking about everything when I hear screaming. Jumping up, I grab my gun and run outside. There is a small army of grounders holding a girl at their side. I can't believe my eyes when I recognize it to be Octavia. "osir want klark gon the skai kru. Klark gon okteivia." One of the grounders says and my people start to raise their guns.

"No, stand down! They have Octavia." I command, just then Bellamy pushed his way through the crowd.

"Octavia?!" He strains and a tear falls from his eyes as he saw his sister barely able to support her own weight. "What do you want?" Bellamy asks with anger evident in his voice.

"osir want klark gon the skai kru. Klark gon okteivia." The Grounder repeats.

"We don't speak your language." I say hoping they understand me. At this, a girl not much older than me steps forward. She is wearing heavy armor, neat face paint, and has a royal sword at her hip.

"He said, we want Clarke of the sky people. Clarke for Octavia." She says with authority in her tone. Everyone looked at me for a second before raising their guns waiting for my command to fire.

"Lower your weapons! Stand down! I was in charge once and you will listen to me again!" Bellamy yells so loud that I wince. I turn around and stare at him, pleading with my eyes to not do this. As I look around I see five people have lowered their weapons. Six, seven, eight. They were slowly listening to him. Following one other's lead.

Taking my gun out and pointing it at the Grounder that had spoken English. "Release Octavia and let me speak to her!" I make my own demand. All the grounders instantly take out their blades, ready to defend their people, but the Grounder raises her hand and they all put their weapons away.

"You may have five minutes to speak. If you do not come back out, we will kill all your people." The Grounder says letting me take Octavia to the dropship alone. I gently set Octavia down and get her some water.

"Clarke, don't go. Don't let them take you." Octavia says weakly.

"I don't plan on going, but I do plan on keeping you safe." I tell her just before I hear the Grounder shout that we only had one minute left. I quickly help Octavia up to the top of the dropship and hand her a gun. "Here, take this just in case. I'll be back for you." I promise her as I climb down and exit the ship.

"I will not go with you." I say strongly as my people raise their guns towards the grounder again.

"Then we will take both you and Octavia." The Grounder responds.

"No!" Bellamy says and I turn to look at him pleading again, but I know the only thing on his mind is his sister. "Take Clarke if you promise not to harm us anymore." He says and I start to panic. I look back towards the Grounders before running as fast as I can towards the forest, hearing one last shout of, "go pas her, ba ai want her alive."(go after her, but I want her alive.)