Part 20 - Three on One

Clarke POV

It has been two weeks since I arrived back at the dropship and became the 100's leader again. We all moved to the ark since it was bigger and easier to protect. The 100 and the people of the ark listen to me and respect me. My mom does lead the ark, but they also listen to me when she's not around. There is one girl from the ark that doesn't think I am capable of leading. She is a guard and has apparently made a name for herself by defending against panthers and other animals: 'The Strong'. People of the ark suck at giving names.

I'm finally all healed up and at my best. I went to visit Lexa two days ago but Grag and Scmo wouldn't leave me alone. They kept provoking me, they wanted their fight. I told them to come to The Ark today around noon and with no surprise they arrived early. What did surprise me is that Lexa, The Commander came along. When our eyes connect, we both smile. When they reach the gate, everyone gathered to see why they were here.

When everyone finally gathered around us, I started to speak. "While I was with the Grounders two of The Commanders warriors decided to pick a fight. They want to redeem themselves." I say with a slight smile. I look over to the crowd and spot Sandy, aka 'The Strong'. "I know that you don't think I am strong enough or smart enough to lead." I say looking her straight in the eye. She stands trying to look tall. "So, I have agreed to a fight, but this will clear up everyone." I finish.

I look to Grag and Scmo. "So, what do you want this time? Hand to Hand or blades?" I ask.

"ai would hodnes kom gonplei yu kom a blade. give yu scars so yu nowe forget." (I would love to fight you with a blade. Give you scars so you never forget.) Scmo says and I smile with a nod.

"I was hoping you would say that. Take five minutes to prepare." I say and hand Sandy my extra dagger. She smiles and starts inspecting it. I look over to Lexa and my mom motioning for them to follow me into the Ark.

"Why?" My mom asks out of the blue.

"Because I need to prove myself. Prove that I am capable of taking care of myself."

"But it will be three on one." My mom states with sadness in her eyes. Great, she doesn't even believe in me.

"I can take care of myself mom." I tell her and she pulls me into a hug. Once she releases me from her death grip, she leaves and it's just Lexa and me. I turn around to face her and take a deep breath.

"Are you ready Clarke?" She asks patiently.

"As ready as I'm going to be." I tell her with a shaky smile. I turn to walk out but she grabs my hand.

"Clarke, I know you won before but don't underestimate them. Don't forget what I taught you..."

"Never underestimate your opponent, even if it is a small squirrel." I say finishing her sentence. We both smile and She pulls me in for a kiss. We don't break until we hear someone shout, "Times up!"

We walk out and head to where everyone is gathered. I see Grag and Scmo both handling big swords. They must have learned from last time. I look over to see Sandy with her gun out and my small dagger. I take a deep breath, look over to Lexa and she gives me a small smile and nods. I step into the circle and turn to face Lexa. I don't say anything but instead, hand her my sword and two daggers. She has a shocked look on her face.

"ai need kom prove myself. ai learned new things en need yu kom trust me." (I need to prove myself. I learned new things and need you to trust me) I say quiet enough so she is the only one that could hear me. She looks me directly in the eyes and sighs before nodding.

I turn around and stare at my three opponents. Grag and Scmo charge at me, but I duck. Knowing Sandy had a gun, I decided to take her out first. It was just her and me seeing that Grag and Scmo were planning their next attack. Sandy fired one shot, but she missed. I charged her and the gun went flying. She then pulled out my dagger and started jabbing. I can tell she hasn't used one before just from how she was handling it. I smacked her wrist and the next thing she saw was the dagger in my hands. She automatically put her hands up and I threw the dagger across the circle. In the corner of my eye, I see Grag pick up the gun.

I stand up, raising my hands, and inch closer to him. He looks at the gun like it's a maze. I was about to grab the gun from his hands, but someone smashes into my side and I fall to the ground. I look over to see Sandy finally regain her balance. I also see Grag throw the gun to the side. I attempt to stand up but Scmo knocks me down again.

I can hear my mom gasp but ignore her. Scmo and Grag grab both of my arms and Sandy walks up to me.

"You thought you could fight all three of us. You were wrong. Your nothing other than a brat that doesn't know when to ..." I cut her off but kicking her leg out from beneath her.

Grag and Scmo had a death grip on my arms so I couldn't move. Sandy gets up and punches me in the stomach. I can feel something beneath my boots and realize it's the dagger. She punches me again across the face and I fall to the ground. I don't move for a second, but then grab the dagger and jab it into Scmos leg. He falls down crawling to the edge of the circle.

"One down." I say to myself. Sandy stands in shock and Grag grabs his sword swinging it at me, and It grazes my arm. I wince and grab my arm. He jabs again but I catch it in between my arm and side. As I have his sword trapped, he grabs his dagger from his boot. I grab the hilt of the sword and see sandy charge me. I spin around and have the sword against her neck. "Two down." I say and let her go. She walks out of the circle looking shocked and pissed. Now it's just Grag and me.

We stand our ground and just face each other, waiting for the other to attack. I get impatient and charge him, he moves out of the way, but I swing my leg under him and he falls to the ground. As he's on the ground I catch a glimpse of Lexa. She is smiling at me and gives me a small nod.

Flashback

Lexa's POV

"I know I won't be able to fight all three of them at once." Clarke says to me.

"Yes, you will." I say grabbing her hand. "I have seen you fight before; you can take them. Just don't underestimate them." I tell her with confidence.

"I know I'm a great fighter, I had the best teacher." She says looking at me with a lovely smile. "But not when it comes to warriors. I mean yeah, I can fight but only when it's life and death." She says I take a minute, the silence heavy. I can't believe she cares so much. That is what I love about her.

"Clarke, Grag and Scmo think they can get away with whatever they want. Prove them wrong. If you know you can't get through it without actually hurting them look over to me, if I give you a nod do what it takes to put them in their place." I tell her and I pull her into a soft kiss. "Times up!" Someone yells.

End of Flashback