Part 5 - End one Fight to Enter Another

Clarkes POV

"You have one minute to have one left standing, or neither of you get to eat." I hear Lexa say. Sasha and I look at each other. I shake my head and charge at her. She didn't see it coming and I slammed her to the ground. She lands with a loud thump and groans. I get up and stand over her. She is barely moving and looks like she can't breathe. I look at Lexa and she smiles at me. "winner, klark gon the skai kru." (Winner, Clarke of the sky people) Lexa says as everybody cheers.

I look down at Sasha and kneel down by her side. "I never gave up on my people. They gave up on me." I whisper in her ear while helping her up. We are escorted back to the pit and are chained back up. I look at the grounder and he gave me a plate full of meat before walking away. I look over to Sasha and throw her a chunk of meat. She takes it and nods before gobbling it down. I hand her another and eat a piece myself.

I look around and find Lincoln in the corner. "Lincoln, are you okay?" I ask.

"Clarke, they will make you do it again." He said sounding tired. I tossed him a slice of meat before responding.

"Sasha can barely stand. I will not fight her again." I tell him.

"They will give you two days to gather your strength. Then you have to fight for more food."

"Why is she making us do this?" I ask quieter seeing Sasha has fallen asleep.

"Not us, you." He says "She wants to see how strong you are." Lincoln says before we hear the door open.

"linkon yu laik free kom go. okteivia ste kom her kru. do as yu wish ba nou ever cross the heda again." (Lincoln You are free to go. Octavia is with her people. Do as you wish but don't ever cross the Commander again.) The Grounder said looking at Lincoln. The Grounder tosses Lincoln his weapon and leaves. I look at him and nod, knowing that if he were to help us the consequence is most likely death.

"I will tell your people where you are." He says but I just shake my head.

"You don't have to. It's not like they are going to come to get me. They already gave me up." I say looking away. With that, Lincoln left, and it was only Sasha and me.

I finish the meat and lay down. Feeling the bruises from the fight, I decide to try to get some sleep. Although as soon as I close my eyes, I hear the door open again. My eyes shoot open to see the Commander, Lexa looking at me. "So, you shared your food." She said and I just look at her with a million questions running through my head. I couldn't take the silence anymore and burst out, "What do you want with me? Why have you been following me?" I ask and she just smiles.

"Did you notice, or did Lincoln tell you?" she asks but I only stare at the ground quietly. "I asked you a question!" she yells. At this point, I lost it.

"You're not MY commander!" I yell back. She just stares at me for a minute then leaves the pit. A few minutes later, a guard comes in and takes Sasha. I try to break the chains but it's no use. I closed my eyes but never actually fell asleep.

The sun comes up and a grounder opened the door. One grounder unchained me while the other shut the door behind him. Two grounders hold my arms while the other threw a very strong punch at my stomach. I fell to the ground coughing and gasping for air. They grabbed me and brought me out to the pit once again.

Throwing me in the circle, I was still gasping for air. I finally catch my breath to see Sasha above me. I stand up and look into her eyes. Something had changed from the night before. Her eyes were dark. Her body language has changed, it was like they got inside her head and made me look like the enemy. A smirk grew on her face as she punches me in the jaw with no warning. I fall to the ground and she starts kicking me.