Part 11 - Pauna

Bellamy POV

It has been four days since Abby and Octavia saw Clarke speaking in Grounder and I just can't take it anymore. I broke two of my fingers when I punched the wall and it's hard to think about what Clarke must think of me. Abby and Octavia have been bossing everyone around and telling them to build the wall higher, and as much as it hurts to say, they are really good at taking control and keeping everyone in check.

Abby's POV

Octavia knows what the Grounders are capable of so I asked her what we should do to protect our people. We started to build up the wall and it was looking great. Octavia and I are going to sneak into the woods and try to find Clarke again. We have done this many times already but with no luck. Maybe if she sees me, she would remember who she is.

"Abby, are you ready?" Octavia says tapping me on the shoulder.

"Yeah, let's go." I say as I see Bellamy walking towards me.

"Abby, I know what you're planning, and I want to come with you. I want to tell Clarke that I'm sorry and I was only protecting my little sister." Bellamy says with puppy eyes.

"Bellamy, I'm sure she knows you would do anything for Octavia. She just doesn't know where she lies." I tell Bellamy and the three of us sneak out.

Clarke POV

The Commander and I are walking, and she is congratulating me. "I know that Grag and Scmo don't accept you, but they should. I knew they would be the first to challenge you. But you handled yourself well." She tells me and I smile. "Others will challenge you, but that is only because you are my second and they want to make sure you are the best." She reassures me.

"Thank you, Commander. ai will protect yu kom ai sonraun." (I will protect you with my life.)

Just when we were about to head back to camp, I heard something behind us. I spun around and unhinged my sword. "Clarke?" The Commander says confused.

"Something ste behind osir." (Something is behind us.) I say as she grabs her sword in her hand. Just as we were going to approach, we hear a growl, the ground started to shake, and trees started to fall.

"Clarke, RUN!" The Commander says putting her sword away. I do the same and follow suit.

Bellamy POV

As we are searching the forest, we hear a growl and feel the ground shake. We don't know what it is, but we are too scared to move. Then I hear another growl. "Bellamy, Abby, Run! Get back to the dropship!" Octavia yelled. We all started running and had our guns at the ready as soon as we entered the gate.

"What happened? Where were you?" Mills asked with his gun pointed out in the woods.

"We don't know. We heard a growl and started running." Abby says.

"Well, why were you out there?" Mills asks again. Abby, O, and I look at each other.

"We were deciding some things." Abby says breaking the silence. Mills nods and we look out into the forest, there was nothing there.

Lexa POV

We were running as fast as we could and the Pauna is still on our tail. "Commander, Over here!" Clarke yells and we run into a tunnel. We saw a light at the other end and followed it. When we got to the other side, we looked around to see bones and blood everywhere.

"I think we're in its den." I say turning to Clarke. She turns to me confused.

"What is that thing? It looks like a gorilla."

"We call it a Pauna. Yes, it was a normal gorilla, but it transformed into what it is now from all the radiation." I tell Clarke as we feel the ground shake more and more.

"It is getting closer." Clarke says as she climbs up the cement. She reaches her hand out to help me up and I grab it. We start running but realize we are trapped. We had nowhere to go when the Pauna jumped in front of us. Clarke took out her gun as she knew it was too big to kill with a sword. She got one shot out when it raised its hand. It was about to swing at me, but Clarke pushed me out of the way. I looked up to see Clarke flying across its den. I hear a loud thud and Clarkes scream.

"Clarke!" I scream her name hoping for a response. I get nothing. The Pauna starts walking over to where she was. I looked around panicked and saw she had dropped her gun. I ran over and picked it up. "How do you use this thing?" I ask myself. I raised it how Clarke had and squeezed the trigger thing. A loud band came from the gun. The Pauna let out a growl and turned its focus to me. I kept pulling the trigger until the Pauna left with blood dripping from its chest.

Dropping the odd weapon, I ran to Clarke. "Clarke? Clarke?" I call her name and get no response, but I can see her chest rising and falling so I know she is alive. I pick her up and head back to camp. "Clarke, god please be okay." I say praying she will be okay.