luna meum

For longer than he could remember he had been told to only look at the lunar boy from a distance.

Dream was born clad of gold and dripping in slick shine, yellow drenching his entire being for all to see. A truly beautiful son born millennia ago from astral deities at the birth of the new star, living up to everything he was supposed to. He spun his golden being around Earth with ease, giving sun and receiving heaps of praise from the mere mortals below him.

The beauty and grace he was, worshipped by each figure in his life since the day he came into the world. He was heat, confidence, radiating fire, burning and melting each thing he touched in his path.

He lived the perfect life, if it weren't for his overwhelming infatuation with a moon that was just too far to grasp.

He'd always remember their first meeting, hidden under blooming willow trees with metal ridden fruit dangling from them. They were children then, teens lost on their separate ways home only to stumble upon the same beautiful garden, lined with love and crafted to be a safe haven. There, they had inadvertently created the first of hundreds of solar eclipses, fleeting moments of beautiful touch and grasp.

The moon was beautiful, stealing his ounce of breath in the sun's lungs, causing raw infatuation to take over his body and shimmering blood. He was ethereal .

There, unknowing of the storm to follow, he had laid his warmth onto the delicate pale skin in front of him, a faint grasp of his hand, and he would swear to any being, deity, or person he'd tell that it was the most euphoric and emotionally binding feeling of his life. Their heads reeled at the same time, yearning for more, yearning to be pulled closer. It was intoxicating the cool rush from his life of heat and intensity, the want to pull him closer and closer and hold the boy to his chest, embracing the gorgeous God beneath him.

Although his mother would blame it on being a teenage God, Dream knew it was unfiltered and unadulterated love.

The ache in his heart when his father ripped him away from the boy was immeasurable, screaming and crying to let him go back just for a few more seconds, to indulge in the calm and equilibrium of his fire for a second time.

The lecture was stern, words engraved in his head.

You are to never touch him, your star will be unclean. Conversation and meeting is a requirement, not a pleasure.

Dream loathed his parents. He loathed the gross superiority they felt over other astral bodies, the gold dripping from their lips at all times, fire ravaging through each and everything that was deemed unworthy or impure. Moons and planets were seen as too close to contact with mortals, unfit to be Gods in their own right. The disgusting names and brutal words he had heard from his own family repulsed him beyond belief.

So, he defied them.

He broke every rule, running past the boundaries of the stars' territory in the stratosphere to find his moon again, to find the boy laced in blue and silver, true beauty at his core.

The second solar eclipse happened shortly after the first, although when he had first seen the silver lined cape he had almost fallen over at the gorgeous figure in front of him.

Every part of his being cringed at the way the brunette stumbled backwards, fear lacing his eyes, hands darting out of eyeline.

Dream maintained his distance as he heard the roaring unmistakable sound of heat barrelling towards his back. In a haste, the blonde called out, voice booming through the dark foggy atmosphere.

"Please, before I go, what's your name?"

The other deity looked to him with confusion and a hint of something else in his eyes, before giving a soft smile.