004

chapter fourdance rehearsals

chapter four
dance rehearsals

It was the next day, and this time, they were doing dance rehearsal

It was the next day, and this time, they were doing dance rehearsal. Dylan was practically glowing from excitement, if there was one thing Dylan Valdez could do it was dance. They were learning choreography from Carlos for curtain call but Dylan was reading her script, Carlos focusing on Ricky and Nini at the time being. Nini asked the boy a question, Dylan looking towards them as Carlos answered.

"Miss Jenn is busy tracking down a prop, she asked me to create a crescendo people," Carlos explained in response of Nini's question. "So let's stop swirling and start twirling." 

"But why are we practicing the bows when we haven't even practiced the play?" Ricky asked.

"Because you start with the hardest dance that takes the longest to learn." Carlos told them, "It's in the big book of broadway -"

"Page 374." Both him and Gina finished in sync. Carlos high fived the girl as she walked behind him, making her way over to where Dylan was sitting.

"You're knowledge is so attractive to me." Dylan sighed, raising an eyebrow at Gina who giggled at the statement turning to face her, "I'm not lying."

"I know."

"Why aren't we dancing?" Dylan asked Gina as they watched some of the students begin to dance.

"We are saving our energy." Gina forced a smile, "For Taylor and Ryan."

"I honestly cannot wait to do what I've been looking for and bop to the top with Seb. It's going to be so fun." Dylan smiled, before looking at Gina, who looked slightly disheartened. "Hey cheer up buttercup, you are going to be an amazing Taylor and if you ask my opinion, she was way less annoying than Gabriella."

Gina nodding, the two falling into laughter before their attention was brought to Nini and Ricky, who were trying to get Carlos' dance moves down. Both of them were failing horrendously and were completely off que. Dylan looked away from them.

"I love Ricky but he is the worst dancer, it's causing me physical pain to watch them." Dylan told Gina, who snorted. Ricky messed up the choreography again. Nini, an exasperated looked on her face, looked at Carlos. Dylan's eyes widened slightly, a concerned look on her face. This wasn't going to end well.