006

chapter sixstifling laughs at bad songs

chapter six
stifling laughs at bad songs

The next day at rehearsal, Dylan sat in between Ashlyn and Seb

The next day at rehearsal, Dylan sat in between Ashlyn and Seb. A wide smile on her face as she watched the dancers kill it with their routine of Stick to the Status Quo. Dylan wished she was part of the dance but since her and Seb, as Sharpay and Ryan, spent the whole song watching everyone dance she couldn't.

Finally, Gina came in with her big solo. It was her new idea, which was why the whole group was there early. It was actually supposed to be a duet between her and Nini, one that Dylan helped choreograph, but Nini was nowhere to be found.

"Everybody hold!" Miss Jenn announced. She walked over towards the door, and Dylan turned to see Nini come in the room. "Nini where were you? We've been here for an hour."

"I'm so sorry." Nini apologised as she rushed into the room. "I- I lost my phone and basically spent last night living as a hunter-gatherer. Which, by the way, did you know there are things that are only on TV at a certain time? Okay, anyway, I finally picked it up in the lost and found and- wait, did you say an hour?"

"Gina sent you and me a text asking if we could come in early so she could talk through a new idea, you didn't get it." Miss Jenn explained.

Dylan scoffed as she listened to Nini. Her eyes narrowed as she made her way over EJ, the boy turning to her with wide eyes when she punched him in the shoulder roughly. The two turned to face each other as the blocked Miss Jenn's and Nini's conversation out.

"What was that for?" He exclaimed quietly.

"You were supposed to return that phone to her not put it in the lost and found. Now she's an hour late and in trouble." She snapped at him angrily.

"Okay, I panicked." Dylan took a deep breath and turned back to the conversation with Miss Jenn in order to not pummel EJ

"Well if you had been here you'd know that Gina pitched a whole new dance break for gabriella and taylor in the middle of the status quo and she had carlos and dylan work it all out with her and it is just dazzling." Miss Jenn explained, the words coming out her mouth faster than Nini could understand them.