012

chapter twelvesaving their teacher

chapter twelve
saving their teacher

After a night fully of song writing and choreography, it was time for Miss Jenn's hearing

After a night fully of song writing and choreography, it was time for Miss Jenn's hearing. The theatre kids had spread out around the cafeteria, ready to begin the performance that had come up with. Dylan was sat next to Ashlyn, the two slightly nervous but mostly excited for what was to come.

"Miss Jenn, it may not surprise you to learn that we have heard earfuls about your unorthodox style ever since you got to East High," Principle Gutierrez announced.

"Personally, I always chalked it up to the well known fact that people in the dramatic arts are insane."

"Thank you," Miss Jenn replied.

"But now, we have news that your resume is exaggerated. Your teaching credential is from obscure online university, and even your official name might be some version of a stage name. What do you say to this charge?"

"I have always done my best by these kids—" Miss Jenn began.

"Just answer the question," Principle Gutierrez stated.

"Excuse me," Mike Bowen voiced, Dylan looking shocked at the man speaking up. "Can I say something?"

"I'm sorry, we're not opening up the floor to parents on this."

"Let him speak," one of Nini's moms argued.

"Ugh I love her." Dylan whispered to Ashlyn, who laughed quietly.

Principle Gutierrez sighed. "Go ahead, Mr. Bowen."

"I'm a little late to this party, but I gotta say the real crime here would be botting a teacher who's making a positive impact," Mike continued. "I've never seen my kid this invested in anything, and I don't think that's something we should punish, Your . . . Honor."

Sebastian Valdez then stood up. "I agree. My daughter has always had a love of singing and dancing but never found a place where she could feel comfortable doing it. Now she comes home and shows me these dances she does and tells me all about the family she's made and you're just taking that away from not only her but everyone in that production."