011

chapter elevena whole lotta songs

chapter eleven
a whole lotta songs

Ashlyn and Dylan were walking down the halls after the horrid rehearsals

Ashlyn and Dylan were walking down the halls after the horrid rehearsals. They were following EJ, trying to convince him not to talk to Nini and give her some space as they both knew it would end badly. The two gave up as EJ caught up to Nini and begged her to listen to him. Kourtney, who was with Nini, laughed as Dylan moved closer to EJ and Nini, trying to listen in on their drama. She shared a look with Ashlyn, the two nodding at each other before linking arms with Dylan and pulling her from the scene.

"I wanted to watch." Dylan whined, a pout on her lips while her two friends laughed.

"We know." Kourtney stated, amused.

"You're both mean. Now I have to find other people's drama to watch." Dylan sulked, resulting in both girls next to her laughing.

Kourtney veered off, waving goodbye to the girls, stating she was off to find Carlos or Seb. Dylan and Ashlyn continued down the corridor. They were chatting about nonsense, mainly discussing what the hell just happened. The brunette laughed at something Ashlyn said, her laughs filling the empty hallway as she turned a corner and walked into the auditorium. Ashlyn, with furrowed brows, followed the girl onto the stage, wanting to see what the Valdez girl was about to do. Dylan walked over to the piano, sitting at it and playing a few random keys.

"My dad taught me how to play piano when I was like five." Dylan stated as Ashlyn sat on the bench next to her.

"Really?" She let out a small laugh.

"Yes, he had all these songs he wanted to play me." Dylan told her. "It was the only real time I spent with my dad when I was young, he was always working. My mum was the one who took me out, the amount of time we'd spent watching musicals in the theatre..."

Dylan let out a laugh as she trailed off. Ashlyn looked over at her. "Is that why you hated it to begin with?"

"Still do." Dylan remarked making Ashlyn laugh slightly. "But yeah it is. Anyway enough depressing stuff I wrote a song."