013

chapter thirteenthanksgiving dinner

chapter thirteen
thanksgiving dinner

Dylan, a small smile stretched across her face, watched as Seb played the intro to Start of Something New on the piano at rehearsal before Thanksgiving break

Dylan, a small smile stretched across her face, watched as Seb played the intro to Start of Something New on the piano at rehearsal before Thanksgiving break. The smile was there because she couldn't help it every time she watched Ricky and Nini sing together. The two seemed to simply fit together and as there seemed to be no bad blood between them at the moment, Dylan was happy for her best friend.

"I know," Nini and Ricky sang together, stepping towards each other.

"That something has changed," Nini voiced by herself.

Both of them looked up as a ladder was carried over them, the backstage crew all hurrying to get everything ready for opening night in just a few days, "Never felt this way."

"But right here tonight."

"This could be the start of something new." Both Nini and Ricky stepped onto boxed while the dancers around them began to perform choreography. "It feels so right to be here with you, oh. And no."

"Looking in your eyes," Nini continued, gesturing for one of the dancers to flip her sign the other way. "I feel in my heart."

"Feel in my heart." Ricky added, making Dylan share a smile with Ashlyn, who was sat next to her, both of them noticing the love in Ricky and Nini's faces as they sung together.

"The start of something new," Nini and Ricky harmonised.

"Oh yeah. Now who would've ever thought that, oh."

"We'd both be here tonight."

"Ooh," Ricky sang.

Nini went next. "Yeah, and the world looks so much brighter."

"Brighter, brighter."

"With you by my side."

"By my side." Ricky voiced as Nini held her note out.