017

chapter seventeenmixed feelings

chapter seventeen
mixed feelings

Act Two had begun and Dylan stood in the wings

Act Two had begun and Dylan stood in the wings. Her eyes widened slightly when Nini went off script, scared of what was happening. However, things quickly got back on track and Ashlyn was ready to sing her song wondering. Dylan watched the red head sing in awe, the beauty of Ashlyn's voice never failing to amaze the girl. Once the scene was over, Dylan rushed from the wings in order to get ready for her next scene.

She was waiting to start the 'bop to the top' number with Seb, having finished getting ready and putting the finishing touches on her makeup before standing in the wings. Seb was freaking out, it being his first big number, but luckily Carlos was there to calm his boyfriend down. Carlos then left the wings, Seb turning to Dylan with a smile on his face.

"You ready?" He asked her.

"Always." The two made their way on stage. The familiar tune began and the two friends shared a smile before starting their number. It was flawless (if Dylan said so herself), and the audience was seemingly enjoying it.

Dylan knew people refused to accept the bops that Sharpay and Ryan sang, the two being the 'villains' of high school musical, but this was just a high school production of it and the audience were happy and proud of the enthusiastic performance the two were giving.

When they finished, the audience cheered, the two running off stage smiling. Ashlyn scooped Dylan into a hug when she made her way over to her.

"You were incredible!" Ashlyn gushed. "It was amazing!"

"I'm so sweaty." Dylan stated, turning and hugging Seb. "But we were pretty great."

"Definitely." Seb agreed with a smile. "That was like the biggest applause of the night."

Before Dylan could agree Miss Jenn suddenly ran over to the group. "Seb, Dylan can either of you play piano for breaking free?"

"Why?" Seb asked.

"Our Kelsi is currently being sick in the bathroom and we need someone to fill in." Miss Jenn explained.

"I'll do it." Dylan volunteered. "I can play piano and my outfit is easier to change into Kelsi's than Seb's."