The Wilderness

The ground shook with a thunderous thumping. The waters rippled and the birds chirped and screeched away as they flew off into the clouds; doing anything to get away from what had made the sound. Even nearby animals darted off, hiding into nearby dens, caves and such, or...just running away in general.

However, there was a few that didn't dart away as they were frozen with fear.

A Male Deer.

The Buck had just before was drinking and quenching their thirst by the nearby lake, its waters cool as the day today was a bit more on the sunnier side.

But now it had stop, frozen like a...well; Deer in headlights.

It's ears twitched and leaned back with fear as it stared into two large amber eyes...

Of A Tyrannosaurus Rex.

[ REXY's POV ]

I parted my maws as I let out a roar, making sure the other animals had silenced so then I could analyze my meal.

I've never seen such a creature before. Well, except for the Megaloceros, but they were much like the small being that laid bleeding before me.

I looked around a bit more. Nothing seemed like...before. There wasn't a thing I have recognized from the island other than the others that have came out from their cages due to being freed. My amber eyes glared at the creature before I opened my mouth, letting my canines dig deep into the flesh, gripping before then...

The loud sound of snapping echoed through the forest.

The bone had snapped from the hip with ease as I held in my maws a dangling leg, the blood seeped down onto my tongue as the blissful taste of the creature gave off a warm tingling sensation. It was delicious. To have my own food which wasn't given to me by a filthy net.

I tossed the leg up and caught it in my mouth before then snapping down on the leg, swallowing it whole as I let out a soft grunt of joy. I leaned down. My tail swaying behind me as my foot stood down on the head of the creature to hold it in place as I started tearing into the stomach, guts and blood flowing out as I lapped it up. Soon enough it was finished. The only thing left of the creature was the blood that stained the green luscious grass of the forest floor.

"Mmm..." I shook my body a bit, moving away from the blood stain as I went to try and find a place to rest for the day. I caught sight of a rock nearby the large lake as I then positioned myself down the the floor, resting my body up against the rock. After a lot of shifting I found the perfect spot to rest at, my eyes fluttering close. As only the sounds of the forest flooded into my ears.

"Find your ovn carcass Raptor!"

"But that was my carcass! I found it fair and square."

"Oh really? Smells like it died on the v'ay here, and v'ou should know to leave the scavenging to us.."

I growled at the sound of chatter as I raised myself up, walking over to the sound as the sounds of scuffling ensued. As they chattered and argued I slowly raised my head up, letting out a large violent roar that even made the forest quake. "....Silence! All of you..." I snapped my maws at what seemed to be a group of compsognathus, trying to fight against a velociraptor. As I snapped my jaws, they tried their best to run away.

"V'ou don't scare me Rex. It is no longer v'our island." The German Compy hissed and spat, glaring up at me.

"...Don't make me eat you, Flithy Compy..." I snarled, opening my maws again aimed straight for him. However the Compsognathus group then scampered away, their tails lowered down behind them as they chirped loudly, I then turned over towards the Raptor which had backed up a little.

Their grey sleek scales had a shine to them as the sun's rays danced against them. . Along her neck to her back had a long blue streak that complimented her yellow eyes which stayed focused on me. I could also notice some claw and bite marks from her scuffle with the compys

She reminded me of something, perhaps some dinosaur I saw before?

I then growled, remembering my scars. I turned away from her and slowly grabbed up the half nibbled on Ankylosaurus runt in my maws as I then heard the raptor emit a hiss before shouting.

"Excuse me!-That's My Scavenge." She spoke, having a slight posh British accent. Strange to find a British Raptor, I mean I have heard of them being scattered, but it was still quite the surprise to me.

"Tch...Fine. You can have it." I grumbled as I tossed it over to her. I was too tired today to fight. And I didn't feel like going up against Raptors again.

"R-Really?" The Raptor says with confusion. Her eyes shimmering with curiosity as she watched me. "Just like that..?--I thought I heard you to be a ruthless tyrant." She spoke softly, staring at me with her unwavering glare. Almost like she was trying to figure out my intentions.

"And you believe such silly rumors...?" I turned down to her with a scoff. "I may not be a tyrant, but don't think if you get on my nerves I won't put Raptor on my list...been dying to try." I hissed at the blue raptor. My amber eyes not leaving her as I watched her movements, which started to become more lethargic.

"U--Ugh..." She groaned as she started to try and move away, I felt a small twinge in my stomach as I watched her. "....Wh..-What is this--horrid feeling..?" She hisses, slowly starting to falter in her speech and in her legs.

"...Compys have a venom that makes their victims more or less paralyzed in certain body parts, however if a lot of them bite a dinosaur, well I'm pretty sure it's going to make a smaller dino pretty paralyzed, or sleepy..." I leaned down, looking at her as she fell down fully, her breathing picking up as she couldn't move her body other than slight twitches.

"NGgh--I can't--move!" She hisses and tries her hardest to squirm, however she couldn't.

Turn around and walk away. Was...the thoughts I had in mind, however as I turned around there was a deep pit in my stomach as the feeling started to grow. "Damn it." I snarled under my breathe before then moving over and scooping her up in my mouth, holding her as gently as possible.

"HEY-LET ME--" She started to shout again, I muffledly sighed.

"Do you want help or not...? It's getting dark and there are more creatures out here. and I'm sure you wouldn't want Jonas to come back with his crew of comps." I muffledly spoke, slowly moving off to find shelter for the night.

"Well..I guess....Wait--how do you know his name?--" The Raptor turned her head up to look at my eyes, trying not to move much in my maws.

"I've lived long enough to know dinosaurs. Mostly the ones that matter...--Wait whats your name...?" I spoke with a arched eyebrow.

"RUDE!" She squeaked, glaring at me as her tail points in a way which showed she was angry.

"I'm joking...but I did get in a situation where I did have to use him to get rid of some disgusting bipetal hairless monkeys." I mutter with a low hiss, she twitched as she felt the air from my hiss hit the back of her spine.

"...Hairless monkeys..? Do you mean humans..?" She softly says, her eyes now starting to move towards the ground.

"Don't look down, You aren't a Pterodactyl so it wouldn't feel too natural." I spoke, moving her in my mouth to keep her from looking down. "Wouldn't want you moving too much in my mouth. It'd feel weird and I might just accidently bite you."

"...Okay...--Not doing that then..." She softly says, looking up at the sky calmly.

I walked for a bit before then noticing a cave, moving over before discovering it had a large cavern inside.

I placed her down before then laying down myself, she looked thankfully up at me as she then twitched a bit, twitching enough to where she had positioned herself comfortably.

I watched her move more, she was...Interesting.

However. I couldn't have a raptor with me.

I let out a sigh as my mouth parted a bit. My eyes turning away as I curled up, my tail covering my face.

"You leave tomorrow. That is when the venom should wear off."