Royal Au Pt.2

A/N This is part two of Royal AU. This oneshot was requested by Deg3nerateTenk0. I hope you will enjoy this aftermath of the original Royal AU oneshot.

Kokichi P.O.V

Shuichi and I are on our morning walk right now. We're currently at the village's bakery. I decided to buy us two muffins. We left the store with our bag of muffins and started to head back to the palace. Unexpectedly we heard some strange noises coming from an alleyway. 

"Shuichi, did you hear that?" I asked

"Yeah, why?"

"Let's go check it out!" I said while grabbing Shuichi's hand and running towards the strange sound."

"K-Kokichi?! Are you sure this is the best idea?" Shuichi said while stopping us both

"Yeah. Why?" I asked

"Don't you think it could be something dangerous?" Shuichi asked

"No. Besides we have guards all over the town on patrol."

"That doesn't mean we should wonder around in alleyways following strange noises"

"You've made a great point, Shumai. But unlike you I'm adventurous"

With that I let go of Shuichi's hand and ran into the alleyway.

It was dark, really dark. I went a little bit further into the alleyway. It was dirty. I eventually heard something shuffle around, I saw a tiny little figure right next to two other one's. The figure's  eventually turned their heads towards me. They were kids.

"K-Kokichi!? Why did you run off like that?" Shuichi said while yanking me backwards

"Chill, they're just kids."

"What do you mean? The strange noises were coming from those kids?" Shuichi pointed a finger at the children.

"Yes" I said

One of the kids walked up to me and handed me a moldy muffin.

"Thank you!" I said trying to make the kid feel happy

The child just smiled back at me and gave me a hug.

"Hey, Shuichi. I wanna take these kids in." I said

"Um, we don't even know where they're from, who knows if they're parents are coming back for them or if they just left them here. We don't have any reason to take them in anyway."

"Yeah, but I still want to take them anyway, plus, if they're parents are coming back for them, why did they even leave them in an alleyway? Also, it looks like they've been here for a while."

Another little figure walked up to me and tugged on my clothes.

Then the tallest, which seemed to be the oldest of the three figure's, walked towards the two and tried to take them off of me.

The other two kids didn't budge.

"How about we take them in for now and then see if they tell us what the situation is. If they don't, we'll announce our current situation to the kingdom and try to find they're parents." I said

". . .fine"

~Later~

"So, can you tell us what's going on?" I asked the three kids

". . ."

"Um, It's getting late. Maybe we should send them to bed." Shuichi suggested