6. Rumors and shoulder rubs

Chapter 6: Rumors and shoulder rubs

Without knowing it, Chris and Scarlett fell asleep in the same bed. He realized it first when he woke up and saw Scarlett curled up in his arms. She was still sleeping peacefully, he could feel her soft breath at the base of his collarbone.

He watched her as she slept in his arms. She looked so comfortable, as if it was where she belonged. Holding her like that felt so right, so wonderful and almost too real. But it wasn't real, she wasn't even aware of where she was asleep. He knew he should let go, should remove her from his arms but he couldn't. He just wanted to hold her and tell her how much he loves her.

Scarlett moved in her sleep, bringing herself even closer to him. Chris let a sigh escape his lips as he brought a hand upon her cheek and caressed it softly. "If only you knew..." He whispered in a low tone. You could just tell her, his brain screamed. As if it was only that easy, he retorted back.

Despite his feelings, he couldn't confess to her. There were too many consequences to deal with. Her being engaged to Colin and probably not feeling the same way he did. And even if she did feel the same way, they couldn't do that to Colin, especially when he has been treating her so right. If they have gotten to where they are now, it probably was because they were meant to be. Besides, they had to think about Rose, Scarlett's daughter. She has met Colin and has gotten used to him, she has seen her mother happy with him. And even if she was young, she would probably miss him. He had after all being in her life for years.

No, he couldn't do it. He had to think about the consequences. Bullshit! What a load of bullshit! You're just a coward, Chris.

"Shut up." He muttered to himself, looking up as if he was talking directly to his brain. Cowaaard. He rolled his eyes and set them back on the sleeping form of Scarlett. His hand traveled from stroking her cheek to her bottom lip. The tip of his thumb moving just underneath it. His mouth was close to hers, too close. Just a few meters away and he easily could steal a kiss from her. It was tempting but he wouldn't, not when she was unknowingly asleep in his arms.

Ding. The sound of his phone startled him, making him pull his hand away from her. He blinked away his thoughts and as slowly as he could, removed himself from Scarlett's hold. He slowly rolled out of bed and checked to make sure she was still sleeping. He then grabbed his phone from the nightstand and walked to the kitchen. He looked through his notifications, seeing a lot of Instagram tags and comments. Ever since the announcement, people have been going wild on his page. Almost as wild as when he first created his account.

He went on his message application and saw he had received a couple from his brother, Scott.

Scott — Hey, I saw something today. Idk if you'll be happy about it but I thought you should see it anyway.

Scott — https://welovegossip.com/chrisevansandscarlettjohanssontogether

Scott — I know it's all fake, but yeah they're going far with that one

Scott — Btw how is everything going? Are you okay being alone with her?

Chris read the messages before clicking on the link. He exactly knew what it was even before reading it; an article proclaiming he and Scarlett were having an affair. His curiosity got the best of him, he had to read it. With a deep breath, he started reading it.

Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson together?

A couple of days ago, the famous Scarlett Johansson and Chris Evans were spotted leaving their filming location for The Nanny Diaries 2 together. They left in the same car and with suitcases!