12. One night later

A/N: Hello, guys!

(insert Y/N: You complete ass Laza! You show up after weeks! And all you can say is 'hello guys'?!) If you got my reference, you have my eternal and undying love.

Anyway, I know it's been a long time and I've left you hanging on an important part: Scarlett and Chris finally did it! However, on a less joyful note, I'd like to inform everyone of you that this chapter will be the last as I don't have time to write.

Obviously, do note that I am kidding. Sorry for scaring you. Lots of stuff are coming, I'm not over this story yet. But I'd like to apologize for taking nearly 2 months to write and publish a new chapter. I've already begun to write the next chapter so you should get it soon.

Enjoy!

Chapter 12: One night later.

Scarlett woke up engulfed in Chris' arms, facing away from him. Her first thought was for what they had done over and over again last night. Then she paused as she opened her eyes and expected herself to melt from tremendous guilt. But guilt never came. She had cheated on her fiance and all she felt was satisfaction. And content.

Regret there was none. Nothing. As if she was where she was meant to be.

In truth, she didn't want to overthink it. They did what they did and there was no going back now, and pretending to feel nothing for him would be completely stupid. She did feel something for him or she wouldn't have slept with him over and over again and she knew it. In that very moment, she was vowing to herself to enjoy it while it lasted. They both knew that it was just them inside the apartment, apart from the world and reality.

Once their quarantine would end, they would go back to the way things were. She, with Collin and her daughter. Him, with Rodger and Lily probably.

She allowed no more thoughts about that when she felt Chris stir behind her. He was waking up and she turned around to face him. "Good morning," Scarlett whispered, her morning voice breaking out.

He opened his eyes and looked down at her, his deep blue eyes meeting hers. The happiest smile she had ever seen on his lips appeared. He wrapped his arms around her waist and bent down to kiss her. "Morning, love."

Oh. My. God.

He couldn't believe what had happened. He had finally done it. He had finally confessed his feelings for her and she hadn't turned him down. He didn't know what came over him but something inside pushed him to do it and the worst hadn't happened. Quite the contrary. He knew they still needed to talk about it, because there was so many things to take into consideration. But he knew that nothing could go wrong from now on. He had to enjoy it while it lasted.

One of his hands came up to her face and pushed a strand of hair that had fallen on her face and he stuck it behind her ear. "The new nurse is coming today." He spoke up and watched her tired face react to his reminder. During the night, Robert had texted them saying that they had found a trustworthy nurse and that she was coming today.

"What time?"

"Robert said 10:30, I believe." He told her, stroking her cheeks lovingly. "I think we have some time, don't we?"

Scarlett gave an amused look at his meaning and looked up at the clock on the wall behind him. A gasp escaped her mouth as she shot up the bed. "It's 10! We got to get moving!" She pushed him lightly and got out of bed. Then, she hurriedly gathered the clothes they had taken off of each other last night.

But Chris didn't move a muscle, he watched her with an appreciative expression and a goofy smile. He was openly ogling at her nakedness when she met his eyes and hit his foot to bring him out of his reverie. "Keep it in your pants, Evans."