16. 5 Days

Chapter 16: 5 Days

Scarlett and Chris were cuddling in the fort blankets he had built for her. 10 things I hate about you playing in the background as she snored peacefully against his chest, his arms wrapped around her form.

Chris looked down at the woman he loved and he couldn't believe she was there laying in his arms. All those years he had spent pawning over her, all those years watching her fall for other men and then breaking up with them, all those years hoping and loving her and now he could finally express his feelings towards her.

He had never planned on falling in love with her, and now there he was, he couldn't imagine his life any other way. Everything about Scarlett felt just right: the way she felt in his arms, the way she snuggles against him, the way she laughed at even his stupidest jokes. He loved her so much and he couldn't wait to get out of the apartment so he could take her on a proper date.

At least, once everything got settled. Chris' arms tightened around her at the thought of that. In just five days, he and Scarlett were going to finally leave this apartment after days on days of quarantine together. They would go straight to the studio and film the kissing scenes for the day. What a horrific way to spend the day.

Chris knew that they couldn't be together right away. Even though they already had driven down the road of adultery, they couldn't go on much longer that way. It wasn't fair to Colin or to either one of them. Even after she'd break up him, he figured they would wait before dating right away. First, out of respect for her fiancé. Second, paparazzos would be on their asses. Third, it could tank the release of The Nanny Diaries 2 and its potential to please their audience.

His phone dinged and he picked it up. He saw the notification of a reminder he had set up weeks ago. He sighed, slightly and put his phone aside. With the back of his hand, he softly caressed the skin of Scarlett's left cheek to wake her up. "Scarlett..." He whispered and bent down his head to kiss her on the forehead. "Scarlett, wake up..."

She stirred against him and groaned annoyingly. "Hm... Do I have to?" She said, her eyes still closed. "I'm good there."

"I'm afraid so," Chris chuckled softly. "We have that OG Avengers game starting in 20 minutes."

Scarlett groaned some more and curled herself against Chris' chest even more. "I don't wanna." She mumbled and he started scratching her head. "If you keep doing that I'm gonna fall back asleep."

"Eh, you've got 20 minutes." He said before adding with a chuckle. "Or there's something else we could do in that time."

She raised up her head and looked up at him with a smug expression. "Someone's a little ambitious." She laughed and shook her head before getting up and kissing him on the lips. "Thanks for the little nap. It was great."

Chris delightfully returned her kiss. "Oh, you really seemed into it. Even snored a little bit."

"I did not!" She gasped and pulled herself away from him as she placed her hand on his chest. "I do not snore."

He chuckled at her, amused by her outrage on his comment. "You so did. It was really cute."

She pouted and crossed her arms over her chest. "You're on thin ice, Evans."

"But I just called you cute!"

"Yeah, you did." She smiled despite her pout and pretended not to love his little compliment. "Fine, Evans." She leaned in for a quick kiss then left the little blanket fort he made. "I'm gonna get myself ready for the game. God, just saying that is straining."

He laughed and got on his knees. "I'll take down the fort."

"What?" She spun around to look at him. "Why?"