[33] Demetri's Soul Mate

Vampire Wedding

(Scarlett's POV)

(Scarlett's POV)

            "I'm tired Alec." I complained as he continued to spin me around in the Volturi's ball room. Aro said that I had to learn how to do 'proper' dances before the wedding. Demetri was too busy to teach me due to having to track down some nomads who were causing problems; so Alec was put in charge of teaching me.

            "Deal with it." Alec replied flatly as he spun me into his arms. Like always I tripped over my other food and fell into his arms.

            "God you're a pain." Alec sighed and I did the same.

            "I'm just tired." I complained again then plopped down onto the floor with a pout. Alec crossed his arms and glared down at me.

            "Quit being a child and get up we're not done here." He said and I crossed my arms as well.

            "I'm not being a child I'm being a human," I said, "I'm tired."

            "Well quit it." I let out a frustrated sigh and rolled my eyes. Suddenly my stomach growled and I blushed in embarrassment while Alec raised an eyebrow.

            "Gianna is gone for the day so you're going have to cook your own meal." Alec said while helping me up and walked me to the kitchen.

            "I'm starving." I said while fixing up my lunch. I pulled out a knife and started cutting up an apple to eat. Suddenly my hand slipped and I cut my palm.

            "Ow." I flinched and dropped the knife while blood pooled out of the cut. Just as I reached for a towel I felt an arm wrap around my waist and a hand grab my wrist of my injured hand. I looked up to see Alec staring at my palm, his eyes a darker red than they were before.

            "Alec," I said trying to move away from him, "let me go so I can-" I was cut off when he pulled my injured hand to his lips. My heart picked up in speed when I felt his tong trial the blood from my wrist up to my cut.

            "Alec let me go." I struggled in his hold again knowing that he wasn't listening. A small growl escaped his lips and I became afraid.

            "Alec let her go!" I heard a familiar voice enter the room, but Alec didn't release me; instead his hold on me tightened.

            "Brother!" Jane said again and I flinched in pain. Suddenly Alec let me go and gasped in pain while crouching to the ground. Jane appeared in front of me with a pained expression. I feel really guilty for being the reason why Jane has to use her gift on Alec. After another couple seconds Jane released Alec from her gift and he stood up slowly.

            "Leave brother before you do something you'll regret." Without looking up Alec quickly left and Jane turned to me.

            "Are you ok?" she asked and I nodded.