[34] Demetri's Soul Mate

Demetri

(Scarlett's POV)

(Scarlett's POV)

"So are you going to tell me anything?" I asked Demetri after a few minutes of silence and he sighed.

"I've been a vampire for eighteen hundred years Scarlett," he replied, "I haven't thought about my human life in a long time; give me a minute to put my thoughts together."

"Ok." I replied and rested my head on his shoulder while I played with the ruffles on my dress.

"A little over eighteen hundred years ago," Demetri started, "I was born in Greece. I was born into a high class noble family. My life was planned out for me by my family from the day I was born. I was an only child so I was next in line to take over the family.

My life then was about studying, making myself known in society, following the schedules that my parents laid out for me. The life of a noble was a horrible life for me. I spent my free time wishing I could travel the world and get away from the life I was born into. I guess I had always felt that I didn't have a purpose in life."

"That must have been difficult," I muttered, "what about your parents?" Demetri shrugged at my question.

"My mother died when I was five and my father remarried to a woman that I hated and she hated me as well. I wasn't very close to my father as I got older. My parent's marriage was an arranged marriage so they weren't very close, but they didn't hate each other."

When I turned twenty one my parents arranged for me to marry a woman from another high class family. Our marriage was strictly for business between our fathers. They wanted to unite their trading companies together; it would have made our families close to royalty now that I think about it. However, I hated the woman I was going to marry. A few days after the arranged marriage meeting I attended a party that my father couldn't make and I had to go in his place. While I was out getting some fresh air I came across Amun."

"Why was he in Greece?" I asked.

"He was just traveling and visiting some friends," Demetri replied, "at the time his eyes were black so I didn't really think anything of his appearance. We talked for several hours and I begun to tell him about my life, how I hated it, and eventually I told him about my unusual talent of finding things. Amun became very intrigued when I mentioned this talent, but of course at the time I didn't understand why.

For the next several weeks Amun appeared at several parties I attended and eventually we became very close friends. Finally, one night he asked me what I would give to leave my life as a noble and I told him anything. Well I'm sure you can guess what happened after that." Demetri smiled down at me.

"He turned you." I replied and he nodded.

"Yup." He said, "so there you have it my human life." I pouted.