Chapter-11

ɪғ ᴀ ᴍᴀɴ ᴛᴀʟᴋs sʜɪᴛ ᴛʜᴇɴ ɪ ᴏᴡᴇ ʜɪᴍ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ 
...

I think I spoke too early.

Lydia pokes her head in after Chase murmurs a 'come in.' She looks around the office to find Chase and grins when she finally spots us in the corner.

"Um..Your father is here, he's coming up. I just saw him enter the building." She says while panting hard as if she just came running from downstairs. "Thought about giving a heads up." She says before vanishing away leaving a cursing Chase.

I look at him and he ever so slowly looks at me. "Go on. Say it. I know you're dying to." He says.

I gasp. "What? I don't want to say anything." I say, defending myself. I was going to say 'I told you so' but he doesn't need to know that.

He rolls his eyes before saying, "I'm not here."

"Wha-" Before I could complete my sentence, he was pushing me out of his office and closing the door.

Jerk.

The elevator doors open and the biggest dick on the planet steps out. Pete Black, if you were wondering.

I still had my purse in my hand so me being the smart person I am made my way toward the elevator. "Where are you going?" Pete asks. I knew he would.

"Mr. Black isn't coming today. I'm going back home." I say.

"What do you mean he isn't coming? He never takes leaves. You'll lose your job if that's a lie Celeste." He said my name with so much distaste.

"You're not the one who hired me, Pete." I say, matching his tone. I'm leaving in just a month. Why not show him his place before leaving?

"You bitch-"

Asshole. "I'll ask you to leave peacefully before I call the security." This is the problem with this guy. I have to ask him to leave everytime he comes. I hate him.

"Ask him to answer my calls." He spats.

"I'm sure that the decision is his to make." I say in a monotonous voice. He runs his hand through his balding head. Douches like him deserve to lose hair. He looks nothing like Chase, and I'm so happy that he doesn't take after his dickwad dad.

"You listen to what I say. Send flowers to Beth Wallace in his name. He's supposed to meet her tonight. If he isn't there, I'll make sure you will regret not listening to me. Understood." He says, pointing his fucking finger to my face.

I stare at his finger till he lowers it down. "I'd suggest you watch your fucking tone. I'm not your employee and I won't tolerate this behaviour. Leave before I have you escorted you out. No one cares about your empty threats here." I say, giving him the Chase-glare I've learnt in last 2 years. I'm wearing my power outfit today. Don't mess with me.

"Listen-"

"The exit's that way." I say, pointing back to the elevator.

"Fucking bitch. I'll make sure you never get any job anywhere." He says.

"Worry about your own job Pete, heard your company's falling apart." I raise a brow. "Is that why you're making partnership with another? And which way? Huh? Didn't know you'd stoop so low." I say. His face is getting redder every passing second.

He charges towards me, I step aside sticking my foot out and the asshole kisses the ground.

He sits up holding his nose. "You fucking bitch-"