Chapter 10

*" Hello, Deyh where are you da!"* Saanvika hollered as she paced along the garden, cradling her phone on her ears.

She rolled her eyes as she heard the chuckling coming from within the phone. Saanvika huffed and warned the person to come faster before ending the call.

She turned around and gasped as she bumped into a chiseled chest. Saanvika raised her eyebrows as she peered into the chocolate orbs. Anirudh tilt his head to the side as he jerked his chin at her.

" Going somewhere?" Anirudh asked as he eyed her yellow blouse and black jeans.

" Yes," Saanvika said as she walked past him.

Anirudh pressed his lips together as he watched her walking away swaying her hips slightly. He groaned when the gates opened and Shiva zoomed inside, riding his motorbike with a leather jacket. Anirudh exhaled his breath loudly as he watched Saanvika smiling widely as she ran towards Shiva and jumped on his arms, laughing as her hair swished in the wind. Anirudh gritted his teeth, clenching his hands tightly before kicking a pebble and stalked away towards the swimming pool.

" Damm them both!" He hissed before stripping put of his shirt and yoga pants. He dived into the pool and began swimming in laps as he heard the bike roaring.

_______________________________________________

L

akshmi watched Anirudh pacing up and down the living room. She shook her head and cleared her throat.

" Anirudh...why are you moping ?" Lakshmi called out softly. Illkaiya who sat opposite of Lakshmi, flipping the TV channel turned her face towards her brother-in-law who frowned.

" Nothing ma," Anirudh said and raised his eyebrows as he heard a vehicle sound followed by a motorcycle. Anirudh immediately walked towards the front yard where he heard the joyful sounds of his triplets cheering.

" Look Amma got us a car!" Amisha cheered as she rushed towards Anirudh and hugged his legs.

Anirudh raised his eyebrows, his mouth curved into a small smile as he watched Saanvika stepped out from the small car. He swallowed his saliva as memories rushed towards his foremind as Saanvika smiled widely and closed the door before hugging her boys.

" You had this car with you still ?" He asked in a surprised voice. Lakshmi and Illkaiya raised their eyebrows as they looked at Anirudh.

" Wait Anirudh...you know about this car ?" Illkaiya asked, pursing her lips as her brother-in-law nod his head.

Saanvika smiled widely and pointed her finger at a smug looking Shiva.

" Shiva kept it with his mechanic friend. I told him to sell it off so I can go to Iceland but he sold his bike and asked his friend to safeguard my baby," Saanvika said in a loving tone before hugging Shiva tightly.

Anirudh's smiled dimmed slightly as he watched her hugging Shiva with a loving expression. Lakshmi eyed Anirudh and Saanvika before sighing softly while Illkaiya frowned.

" You told Appa that your bike met an accident but you actually sold it ? And you told appa you didn't know where her car was but you kept it safe all this while ?" Illkaiya asked, her voice raising up in volume as she stared incredulously at Shiva.

Shiva frowned as he looked at his sister. He placed his arms around Saanvika and gave Illkaiya a look; raising his left eyebrows at his sister.

" The car was a gift from Mama and attai for Saanvika. We had no rights to it especially you...She could have told about her relationship with Anirudh and that could have stopped your marriage Illkaiya! She didn't! She took the burden herself and left after you and amma hissed, spat and cursed her! I know you all were angry but that doesn't give you the right to try to sell her car!" Shiva exclaimed angrily to Illkaiya who turned pale as her eyes became red. She sniffled loudly and glared at Saanvika before turning her heels and walking away speedily.
Anirudh licked his lower lips and pinched the bridge of his nose. He exhaled his breath and carried Amisha in his arms before placing his hand on his mother's arms and jerked his chin.