Chapter 14

Saanvika rubbed her eyes as she yawned, she popped open her eyes and raised her right eyebrow as she stretched her hands up in the air.

" Yennadi apidi parkure ?" She asked as she sat down on the bed, her legs tucked together. Amisha grinned widely and shook her head.

" Why were you sleeping in Mr Raghavendra's bedroom amma ?" Amisha asked with an impish smile as she swing her legs cutely.

Saanvika's face turned red as she turned her head left and right. She groaned and rubbed her forehead.

" Where is he?" Saanvika asked Amisha who giggled.

" Jogging and he blackmailed Adharsh and Aadhi to join," Amisha laughed.

Saanvika sighed and shook her head exasperatedly. She fondly pat Amisha's head before climbing down the bed.

Saanvika swallowed her saliva as she stepped into the hot shower. She tilt her head towards her neck as she let out a deep sigh, her mind revealing the memories of last as the hot water hit her hair. Tears rolled down her cheeks mingling with the hot water as she recounted the past in her head.

Amisha's shouts asking her why is she taking a long time followed by the incessantly persistent knock made her come out of her memory. She hollered that she is coming out before gingerly tying the towel on her body and wrapping her head.

Saanvika raised her eyebrows at Amisha who giggled and covered her eyes. The young woman smiled fondly before wearing her bra and sliding the panties up from her thighs. She wore a faded yellow top and blue chudhidar pants before clearing her throat.

" You look pretty amma," Amisha said with a wide smile. Saanvika chuckled and pressed a kiss on her hair. Saanvika walked towards her dressing table and sighed softly.

' He knows I wear it...so no need to take it out anymore,' Saanvika's mind chimed as she stared at the nuptial inside the drawer. She brought the nuptial chain towards her mouth and pressed a soft kiss, murmuring her apologies before pressing it softly on her eyes and then wearing it. She took the hairdryer and began drying her hair when a loud commotion was heard downstairs.

The mother and daugther exchanged glances. Saanvika raised her right hand and halted Amisha's movement. She quickly tied her semi dried hair into a lower knot and wore a tiny red bindi.

" Come," Saanvika said holding Amisha's hand as they walked out of the bedroom.

Saanvika and Amisha exchanged glances as they heard Ravi Raghavendra's voice raising in volume. Saanvika's gut clenched as she saw the back of a man and woman who stood in the hall. She furrowed her eyebrows as she clenched Amisha's hand tightly, descending the stairs hurriedly.

Ravi Raghavendra and Lakshmi along side Dhira was facing the man and the woman while Illkaiya was standing slightly near to the other woman.

Saanvika's stomach started twisting as Dhira's face turned pale and eyes bulged seeing Saanvika. Dhira's face reaction caused the others to pause and turned their eyes towards Saanvika.

Saanvika's eyes widened, nearly popping out of her sockets as she met the cruel black orbs. Her gut clenched and heart trumped seeing that dark, bearded man with his cruel smirk. She instinctively pushed Amisha behind, hiding the girl from his view.

" Saanvi akka! What are you doing here !" Rini aka Mrinalini asked as she stared incredulously at Saanvika.

Karthick's eyes narrowed, seeing the faded yellow rope on her bare neck. His lips twisted into an ugly sneer as he stalked towards Saanvika. Saanvika's body trembled seeing that man trying to decrease the distance between them. She quickly took Amisha's hand and rushed towards Ravi and Lakshmi's side, pushing the  man away by taking him in surprise.