in another life

okay it's v sad at first but happy ending at the end

promise 😊 /hj

no but fr its fine i swear

tw: kinda graphic desc of su!cide (okAY I KNOW THAT DOESNT SOUND PROMISING BUT UH- JUST BELIEVE)

pls do read at ur own risk tho, it is quite triggering and he does die for a sec so-

**

Everything reminded him of him.

Everything.

He stares at the green grass peeking over the mountains, to the greenish water that gently coursed underneath him. Everything was too green, too beautiful, contrasting with the stark blues of the sky as he glanced out into the horizon, the landscape looming over him, the sunset bringing serenity and tranquility. It shows on his face, the warmth bringing out an odd sense of peace within him as he recollects everything that had led up to this moment. Every action, decision, and possibility. Every pathway he took, every alternative he had denied. Everything, everything had led up to this moment.

This moment would change everything.

He was eighteen when his life changed; when his world turned all eyes on this one boy that would shatter his existence forever; the person he would come to cherish continuously, for all of eternity, a self-destroying unconditional and unrequited love. A sense of adoration so strong he'd rather rip his skin out than ever part from him. Something he'd thought he'd only see in those cheesy rom-coms that the boy always watched. The person that would shatter not only his heart, but his very soul, down to every bone and fibre of his being; down to his very fucking core of existence.

This person was none other than Harry fucking Styles.

Was eighteen too young for someone to fall in love? He didn't think so, back then. And he certainly doesn't now, looking back at how deeply whipped he was for this tragic boy he had found, someone, who, he had pitied, someone he never thought would grow up and end up pitying him instead. Someone who he thought was broken, but instead had broken him in every way possible.

It had hurt.

He'd fallen so deep, so fast, fast enough that, by the time he'd noticed, it'd been too late. His heart was already snapped, ripped to shreds. That by the time he'd noticed, he was already out of his reach.

He missed Harry Styles.

He remembered the day he met him, Harry had been standing outside the grocery shop looking utterly lost, and he'd offered to buy some candy for him. Harry had gladly accepted, and they became friends.

Friends.

Louis had never had that label sting some much, it felt like someone was cutting into his heart.

He wished he'd looked into the boy's heart more, when they were young and naive, or maybe his eyes, or something that he could look and find the warmth that Harry had claimed once manifested in his heart. And he wished he'd acted earlier.

But Louis was oblivious. And very stupid. Oblivious and stupid.

It had been a good few years, at first, they were wonderful. Beautiful, they were inseparable. But as much as Louis wanted it to go away, as much as he tried to date chicks to make it go away, it wouldn't. It never went away. The intense desire for Harry was already blooming, even back then.

Somehow it was still too late.

It was never the right time, their timelines tried and failed so miserably to sync it was almost comedic (Emphasis on almost). They never seemed to catch a break and when Louis finally struck up the courage, he had been, catastrophically late. He still remembers, clear as the night sky, everything that day. Those words haunted him, day by day, creeping up on him in nightmares, not even letting him have some quiet in his pitiful sleep until those words burned into his soul.